I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in the HPV Vaccine
That’s a good question.
- the HPV vaccine is too new – even though Gardasil was first approved in 2006 and the first phase 1 and phase 2 trials began in 1997!
- they don’t think it is necessary – even though about 4,200 women die of cervical cancer each year (that’s just in the United States), even in this age of routine pap tests
- it might lead their kids to have early sex or unprotected sex – even though studies show it won’t
- Michele Bachmann once said it caused mental retardation – even though she had no evidence to support her claim
- the HPV vaccine is too controversial – any “controversy” about Gardasil and Cervarix is made up by anti-vaccine folks
- HPV vaccines can cause POTS, ASIA, primary ovarian failure, venous blood clots, behavior problems, or multiple sclerosis, etc. – even though over and over, studies have found HPV vaccines to be safe and to not cause any of the other serious side effects or vaccine induced diseases you read about on the Internet that scare you away from vaccinating and protecting your kids
- it is banned in Utah – even though that isn’t true
- it doesn’t provide life-long protection – even though the protection has been found to be long-lasting, as long as we have been giving the vaccine so far
- it is banned in Japan and France – even though HPV vaccines aren’t banned anywhere and are actually on the immunization schedule in at least 64 countries
- Katie Couric once did a scary segment on HPV vaccines – well, she did but later apologized… after being called out for pushing anti-vaccine misinformation
- an HPV vaccine researcher says it’s dangerous – no, the HPV vaccine researcher, Diane Harper, actually says it is a safe vaccine
- HPV vaccines are just for girls – even though there are around 11,000 cases of HPV induced cancer in men each year, including anal cancer and cancers of the mouth/throat and penis
- their kids are too young and can get it later, when they are older – even though protection is likely better when they get the vaccine when they are younger, and you don’t want to wait too long, when you increase the chance that they will have had sex and will already be exposed to HPV
So why aren’t you getting your kids vaccinated and protected… against cancer?
Need to do more research? Read the links below and then schedule your kids for their HPV vaccine.
More on HPV Vaccine Safety
- VAXOPEDIA – Is the HPV Vaccine a Savior or the Most Dangerous Vaccine Ever Made?
- VAXOPEDIA – Does HPV Vaccination Decrease the Chances You Will Get a Pap Test?
- VAXOPEDIA – Did the FDA Approve a New HPV Vaccine for Adults?
- VAXOPEDIA – Did Utah Ban the HPV Vaccine?
- VAXOPEDIA – Who is Diane Harper?
- VAXOPEDIA – About Those HPV Vaccine Trials in Infants…
- VAXOPEDIA – Should You Get an Extra Dose of Gardasil9?
- I’m pro-vaccine, but that HPV vaccine…
- Ask the Experts – HPV Vaccine
- CDC – 6 reasons to get HPV Vaccine for your child
- CDC – HPV Vaccine Safety
- Just Another Shot: Reframing the HPV Vaccine
- Why should my child get the HPV vaccine?
- Gardasil safety and efficacy – debunking the HPV vaccine myths
- Why Some Parents Are Refusing HPV Vaccine For Their Children
- Moms Who Vax: The Costs of the Fight Against the HPV Vaccine
- The HPV Vaccine: Why Some Parents say “No”
- How the Toronto Star massively botched a story about the HPV vaccine — and corrected the record
- The real HPV controversy from Katie Couric’s show, her expert
- Impact of Katie Couric’s misinformation on HPV vaccine in one image
- The Katie Couric “apology” about her segment on HPV and HPV vaccines
- Katie Couric on the HPV vaccine : Antivaccine or irresponsible
- Katie Couric promotes dangerous fear mongering with show on the HPV vaccine
- Katie Couric Promotes Anticancer Vaccine Alarmism
- Katie Couric doubles down on the Gardasil false balance
- Katie Couric admits disproportionate reporting on HPV vaccine controversy
- Katie Couric does a 180 and an apology. Too late.
- Harpocrates Speaks: Katie Couric Chooses Ratings Over Ethics
- HPV vaccines do not encourage risky sexual behavior
- OK, why aren’t kids getting vaccinated with Gardasil?
- Diane Harper supports HPV vaccine – and she published it
- HPV vaccine propaganda – anti-vaxxers get it all wrong again
- Study – Sources of HPV vaccine hesitancy in parents
Last Updated on