In addition to autism, many anti-vaccination ‘experts’ continue to claim that vaccines cause other diseases and conditions, including SIDS and Shaken Baby Syndrome.
Are there any real vaccine induced diseases?
There is vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis (VAPP), which can rarely occur after getting the oral polio vaccine.
And there are other conditions that are listed as table injuries under the NVICP, including brachial neuritis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, thrombocytopenic purpura, and encephalitis, etc.
Vaccine Induced Diseases
Vaccines can also sometimes cause fainting and febrile seizures.
Most other ‘vaccine induced diseases’ that are supposed to be caused by a vaccine injury have been proven to not be though.
- Alzheimer’s disease
- seasonal allergies
- Celiac disease
- Down syndrome (Trisomy 21)
- Graves disease
- Gulf War Syndrome
- Henoch-Schoenlein purpura
- Kawasaki syndrome
- Lou Gehrig’s disease
- multiple sclerosis
- myasthenia gravis
- Parkinson’s disease
- peanut allergies
The NVIC even provides “new evidence for a connection” between diabetes and vaccination reactions – from 1998.
And many sites claim they can ‘heal’ your child’s vaccine induced diseases (VIDS) with homeopathy or detox
What To Know About Vaccine Induced Diseases
Vaccines are not 100% safe, but it is rare for them to cause serious conditions, and they certainly do not cause all of the ‘vaccine induced diseases’ that some folks try to scare you about.
More About Vaccine Induced Diseases
- Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Vaccines Cause Allergic or Autoimmune Diseases?
- Vaccination and the Risk of Atopy and Asthma
- CDC – Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Vaccine for Parkinson’s Reports Positive Results from Boost Study
- Study – Kawasaki disease after vaccination: reports to the vaccine adverse event reporting system 1990-2007
- What is Leprosy and is there a Leprosy Vaccine?
- Do vaccinations cause eczema?
- Vaccinations : National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- CDC – Hepatitis B Vaccine and Multiple Sclerosis
- 22 Ways Parents Totally Caused Their Kids’ Down Syndrome