Have you noticed the bias in the anti-vaccine movement?
It’s hard to miss…
The Bias in the Anti-Vaccine Movement
Yes, that’s it.
You really only get one side from anti-vaccine folks.
But that’s not all.
In addition to never mentioning the benefits of vaccines, they make you think that:
- you don’t have to worry about getting measles, chicken pox, and rubella, etc., anymore, because these diseases are rare, forgetting to mention that they are still relatively rare in many countries because most people are vaccinated and protected! When more folks skip or delay their vaccines, as they forget what these diseases are like and they listen to anti-vaccine propaganda, we get outbreaks, especially when they aren’t vaccinated and they travel to places where the diseases are more common!
- everyone else overlooks the risks, when in fact, the risks of getting vaccinated and protected are just small and all of the so-called vaccine-induced diseases and other things anti-vaccine folks blame on vaccines aren’t real vaccine injuries
- you don’t have to worry about getting measles, pertussis, or pneumococcal disease, etc., because those diseases are all mild, neglecting to mention that some people do have complications and some die when they catch them
- if you don’t choose to vaccinate your kids on your own, someone is going to force you to get them vaccinated, overlooking that vaccine mandates don’t actually force anyone to vaccinate their kids – they are just about whether or not intentionally unvaccinated kids should be able to attend school
- your choice to skip or delay your child’s vaccines won’t affect anyone else, failing to mention that most outbreaks are started by someone who is intentionally not vaccinated
- if there is a risk, there must be a choice, but with their slogan, they overstate the risks of vaccines, never mention the risks of having the disease, and don’t mention the risk of your child getting other people sick, taking away their choice to keep their kids safe and healthy
- you can always get vaccinated, but you can never get unvaccinated, neglecting to mention that you can indeed wait too long to vaccinate your kids
The biggest bias though, is not that these folks are against vaccines, but rather that everything they do and say scares parents and makes them feel that they should skip or delay their child’s vaccines, leaving them unprotected and at risk.
More on the Bias in the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- VAXOPEDIA – Personal Stories About Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
- VAXOPEDIA – Parents Who Regret Not Vaccinating Their Kids
- VAXOPEDIA – Do Anti-Vaccine Parents Ever Change Their Minds?
- VAXOPEDIA – If It’s Vaccines, Then Why Are There Autistic Kids Who Are Unvaccinated?
- VAXOPEDIA – Are Vaccine Laws a Form of State Sponsored Segregation?
- VAXOPEDIA – More Measles Hysteria From Bob Sears
- VAXOPEDIA – Bob Sears on Ethan Lindenberger’s Senate Testimony
- VAXOPEDIA – Bob Sears on Hiding in the Herd
- VAXOPEDIA – Dr. Bob Puts the Nail in the Coffin of the Herd Immunity Argument
- VAXOPEDIA – Were More Than Half of the Kids with Severe or Fatal Influenza in California Last Year Vaccinated?
- VAXOPEDIA – What Is the Evidence for Alternative Vaccine Schedules?
- VAXOPEDIA – Did Dr. Bob Uncover a CDC Plot to Give Adult Flu Shots to Babies?
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Are Anti-Vaccine Folks Panicking over the Measles Outbreaks?
- VAXOPEDIA – Fact Checking an Anti-Vaccine Measles Outbreak Quiz
- VAXOPEDIA – Which Vaccines Don’t Prevent the Spread of a Disease?
- VAXOPEDIA – How Is California’s New Vaccine Law Working?
- VAXOPEDIA – Do Vaccine Mandates Force Parents to Vaccinate Their Kids?
- VAXOPEDIA – Vaccines and the Holocaust
- VAXOPEDIA – Abuse of Vaccine Exemptions
- VAXOPEDIA – The Moral Responsibility of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- VAXOPEDIA – Ask 8 Questions Before You Skip a Vaccine
- VAXOPEDIA – 100 Myths About Vaccines
- VAXOPEDIA – Vaccine Analogies and Metaphors
- VAXOPEDIA – Show Me the Vaccine Insert!
- VAXOPEDIA – Anti-Vaccine Points Refuted A Thousand Times
- Dr. Bob Sears of Weekly Cover Fame Compares Anti-Vaxxers to Jews Under Nazis
- Bob Sears: Bald-faced liar, devious dissembler, or both?
- Our Military Families Deserve Better Than Dr. Bob Sears
- The Disneyland measles outbreak: “Dr. Bob” Sears says measles isn’t that bad, and an antivaccine activist invokes the Brady Bunch fallacy
- “Dr. Bob” Sears profiled: A cynical vaccine-averse pediatrician who accepts no blame for the results of his antivaccine message
- No, Dr. “Bob” Sears, you don’t represent the autistic children of California
- Cashing In On Fear: The Danger of Dr. Sears
- Antivaccine activists rally around “Dr. Bob” Sears. Hilarity ensues.