A new post is being shared in anti-vax groups that includes two trays of syringes and a long list of scary sounding chemicals, implying that they are all ingredients in vaccines. And that an infant would get them all at a single well child visit.
If you have seen the post and it has you wondering whether or not you should vaccinate your kids, open your eyes! This is classic anti-vaccine propaganda.
Fact Checking What Kids Receive When They Are Vaccinated
How do we know it’s propaganda?
Let’s begin with the fact that these vaccines have been drawn up for more than one child.
We know that because there is no situation in which a child would get 10 separate injections at one time. Even if a toddler was completely unvaccinated and was looking to get started and caught up on his missed vaccines all at once, he wouldn’t get 10 separate injections.
In fact, most of the time, thanks to combination vaccines, infants only get two or three injections at a time.
This post is also easy to recognize as anti-vaccine propaganda because of the way they describe ingredients of vaccines.
- 2-phenoxyethanol – works as a stabilizer or preservative
- aluminum –
- fetal bovine serum –
(aborted cow blood)– used as a growth media to provide nutrients to viruses and is removed from the final vaccine
- formaldehyde –
(carcinogen, embalming agent)– formaldehyde in vaccines is not carcinogenic because “carcinogens do not cause cancer at all times, under all circumstances”
- gelatin –
(ground up animal carcuses)– a stabilizer that is formed from the connective tissue of certain animals, usually pigs
- albumin –
(human blood)– most vaccines are now made with recombinant albumin, anyway it is just albumin, a protein, that is in the vaccine, not “human blood”
- monosodium L-glutamate –
(causes obesity & diabetis)– another stabilizer
- MRC-5 cells –
(aborted human babies)– descent cells that have a “distant association with abortion” are mostly removed from final vaccines
- neomycin – (antibiotic) – used to prevent bacteria from growing while the vaccine is being developed and is removed from the final vaccine
- polymyxin B – (antibiotic)
- polysorbate 80 –
(carcinogen)– an emulsifier that “helps ingredients mix together and keep them from separating.”
- potassium chloride –
(used in lethal injection)
- potassium phosphate –
(liquid fertilizer agent)
- sodium bicarbonate – (baking soda)
- sodium borate – (Borax,
used for cockroach control)
- sodium chloride – (table salt)
- sodium citrate – (food additive)
- sodium hydroxide –
- sodium phosphate –
(toxic to any organism)–
- sodium phosphate monobasic monohydrate –
(toxic to any organism)
- sorbitol –
(Not to be injected)
- streptomycin – (antibiotic)
- sucrose – (cane sugar)
- yeast protein –
(fungus)– used as a growth medium and removed from the final vaccine
- urea – (
metabolic waste from human urine) – helps to improve temperature stability of some vaccines, but does not come from human urine!
- other chemical residuals
Although they went out of their way to make them sound scary, it is important to understand that these ingredients are not toxins, at least they aren’t in the doses used in the vaccines.
And while chemicals like potassium phosphate and sodium hydroxide might indeed sound scary to some people, it is also important to remember that we routinely and safely use chemicals every day. As they listed, sodium chloride is table salt!
Basically, the whole post is a collection of PRATTs – anti-vaccine points refuted a thousand times!
Don’t fall for this kind of propaganda anymore.
More on Anti-Vaccine Propaganda
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic
- About That 4 Billion Dollars Taxpayers Have Paid for Vaccine Injuries…
- Was SIDS Discovered Only After We Began Vaccinating Kids?
- Are Vaccines Evaluated for Mutagenicity, Carcinogenicity or Impairment of Fertility?
- Did the US Government Lose a Landmark Vaccine Lawsuit?
- Unavoidably Unsafe Vaccines
- Are Fewer Than 1% of Vaccine Injuries Reported to VAERS?
- Are There Hidden Ingredients in Vaccines?
- What Are the Greatest Tricks Anti-Vaccine Folks Use to Persuade Parents to Skip Vaccines?
- Ingredients in Vaccines
- Gelatin in Vaccines
- MSG myth – debunked with real science
- The Toxin Gambit Part 1: Formaldehyde
- The Toxin Gambit Part 2: Polysorbate 80
- Demystifying Vaccine Ingredients – Formaldehyde
- Sucrose : Dangerous Poison or Plain Table Sugar?
- Toxic myths about vaccines
- Demystifying Vaccine Ingredients – MSG
- Bovine Derived Materials Used in Vaccine Manufacturing Questions and Answers
- I love it when an antivax “study” meant to show how “dirty” vaccines are backfires so spectacularly
- “Vaccines didn’t save us” (a.k.a. “vaccines don’t work”): Intellectual dishonesty at its most naked
- Aluminum adjuvants in vaccines and the blood-brain barrier. Removing the facts from the fiction, the good science from the junk science.
- Aluminum in Vaccines: A Re[Al]ity Check
Last Updated on