Why do anti-vax folks think that MRC-5 is the name of an electively aborted baby boy who is an ingredient in vaccines?
Is MRC-5 the Name of an Electively Aborted Baby Boy?
So what’s the real story?
MRC-5 is a line of human diploid cells that are used to make some vaccines.
“The second human cell line is MRC-5 (Medical Research Council 5) (human, lung, embryonic) (ATCC number CCL-171), with human lung fibroblasts coming from a 14 week male foetus aborted for “psychiatric reasons” from a 27 year old woman in the UK. MRC-5 was prepared and developed by J.P. Jacobs in 1966 (J.P. Jacobs et al, 1970).”Vatican Statement on Vaccines Derived From Aborted Human Fetuses
And despite what the sign implies, vaccines do not contain aborted fetal tissue or fetal parts.
The original MRC-5 cells aren’t even involved in making vaccines anymore. The cells used today have been copied, over and over again.
They are descendant cells, which is why a common way to explain all of this is to say that vaccines are said to have a “distant association with abortion.”
“It should be obvious that vaccine use in these cases does not contribute directly to the practice of abortion since the reasons for having an abortion are not related to vaccine preparation.”The Question of Parental Rights and Mandated Vaccinations
And even then, the cells are removed before the final vaccine is produced.
“Many Catholic experts concur that cooperation today is not really possible in an event that was over and done with many years ago. Because the abortion occurred long ago, and for reasons completely unrelated to vaccines, it is untenable to conclude that vaccine recipients today somehow cooperate in the original abortive event.”The Morality of Vaccinating Our Children
So what about MRC-5 cells is keeping you from vaccinating and protecting your kids?
More on MRC-5
- Which Vaccines Contain Aborted Baby Parts?
- The Catholic Church and Vaccines
- National Catholic Bioethics Center on Vaccines
- The Moral Responsibility of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Is the CDC Hiding MMR Excipients?
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic
- Who Are the Religious Leaders Who Are Against Vaccines?
- Why Are States Eliminating Religious Exemptions for Immunizations?
- Human Cell Strains in Vaccine Development
- Vatican Statement on Vaccines Derived From Aborted Human Fetuses
- Characteristics of a Human Diploid Cell Designated MRC-5
- Vaccines Originating in Abortion
- Descendants of human fetal cells in the making of vaccines
- The Morality of Vaccinating Our Children
- The Question of Parental Rights and Mandated Vaccinations
- The National Catholic Bioethics Center on the Use of Vaccines
- Abortion, Autism and Immunization: The Danger of the Plausible Sounding Lie
- “Aborted fetal tissue” and vaccines: Combining pseudoscience and religion to demonize vaccines
- Vaccines contain no aborted fetal cells
- Lies About Vaccine Ingredients — The Role of Fetal Cells
- You Can Be the Pro-Life Parent of a Fully Vaccinated Child
- How “aborted fetal cells” contributed to vaccines preventing billions of cases of disease and many million deaths
- Corvelva and “Vaccinegate”: Italian antivaxers produce a dubious “scientific report” on fetal DNA in vaccines