Remember when Andrew Wakefield went to Minnesota during their large measles outbreak?
It’s reminiscent of the NRA holding one of their conventions in a city after a big shooting, isn’t it?
Kennedy Has a Fundraiser in the Middle of the Largest and Longest Measles Outbreak in Recent New York History
While it seemed like a big outbreak at the time, those 13 cases would actually be considered rather small these days. In fact, a more recent outbreak in Minnesota, in 2017, had at least 79 cases!
And not surprisingly, anti-vaccine folks also visited the state to try and keep that outbreak going!
Do these folks ever learn?
Flash forward to 2019…
Since September of 2018, New York has seen over 332 cases of measles in two big outbreaks in Brooklyn and Rockland County.
So where does Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. choose to go for a fundraiser?
Where does he show up on TV to push his message about vaccine dangers?
Yup, New York City.
Lori Stokes: “Can I switch gears for a minute and talk about vaccines…”
Kennedy: “When I was a kid, we got three vaccines. That I took. My kids got 64 mandated vaccines.”
Rosanna Scotto: “How many? 64?”
Rosanna Scotto: “Wow!”
Kennedy: “Mandated doses. Today’s kids get 72, by the end of next year it will be 75. It’s all driven by profit. Most of these diseases are illnesses that you don’t need to be vaccinated for. “Fox 5 Good Day New York
Wow indeed. That sounds like a lot because kids typically only get 13 vaccines that protect them against 16 vaccine-preventable diseases. We don’t even have 64 vaccines!
In reality, if you count a yearly flu vaccine, kids get about 54 doses of vaccines through age 18.
Are any for diseases that you don’t need to be vaccinated for?
Which disease do you want your kids to get?
Do you want them to get tetanus, meningitis, epiglottitis, diphtheria, meningococcemia, cancer (hepatitis B and HPV infections) or to have grandchildren with congenital rubella syndrome?
More on Kennedy’s Fundraisers
- VAXOPEDIA – Preparing for a Public Debate About Vaccines
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Is RFK, Jr Pimping out the Kennedy Compound to Anti-Vaxxers?
- VAXOPEDIA – What Happened to Kennedy’s Vaccination Safety Committee
- VAXOPEDIA – Doing the Math on Kennedy, Vaccines and Mercury
- VAXOPEDIA – Does the CDC Own Any Patents on Vaccines?
- VAXOPEDIA – Did the FDA Admit That the Government Is Recommending Untested, Unlicensed Vaccines for Pregnant Women?
- VAXOPEDIA – Did the US Government Lose a Landmark Vaccine Lawsuit?
- VAXOPEDIA – Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. on Vaccines
- Are the Minnesota Somalis political pawns?
- Anti-Vaxxers and Somali Immigrants: Biography of a Measles Outbreak
- Measles in Minnesota: more cases and a visitor
- Outbreaks among Somali immigrants in Minnesota: Thanks for the measles again, Andy
- The Somali measles outbreak in Minnesota: Thanks again, Andy (and American antivaxers), for the measles
- Thanks for the measles yet again, Andy: Antivax vultures swoop in to spread misinformation among the Minnesota Somali immigrant community
- How to respond to vocal vaccine deniers in public
- Science deniers use false equivalence to create fake debates
- Avoiding False Balance: Vaccines in the Media
- The So-Called Vaccine Debate: False Balance in The San Diego Union-Tribune
- False Balance in the Media
- False balance about vaccines rises from the grave…again
- The effect of falsely balanced reporting of the autism-vaccine controversy on vaccine safety perceptions and behavioral intentions.
- Another Outbreak of ‘False Balance’?
- Jenny McCarthy’s Vaccination Fear-Mongering and the Cult of False Equivalence
- No need to offer ‘false balance’ to anti-vaxxers
- There is no other side to the vaccine debate
- For Our Family, There Is No Debate
- Vaccines cause autism debate – it only exists in the minds of vaccine deniers
- Facts vs. opinions: Beware of false balance in your reporting
Last Updated on