We have seen a lot of fake stories since the measles outbreaks started.
And they are all from the usual suspects.
Did CNN Apologize for Using a Fake Measles Photo?
And no, I’m not talking about the photo from CNN.
So what’s up with the photo?
The child in the photo doesn’t actually have measles, although he does have a rash that looks like measles.
“This 1968 image depicted the face and back of a young child after receiving a smallpox vaccination in the right shoulder region. Note the erythematous halo surrounding the vaccination site, which can also be seen in PHIL 13321 and 13323, as well as a morbilliform skin rash, i.e., resembling measles, consisting of numerous flattened erythematous, amorphous macules. This child was subsequently diagnosed with roseola vaccinia.”Public Health Image Library (PHIL)
And it is a photo of a child of a vaccine reaction, a reaction to his smallpox vaccine.
Why did CDC use that photo?
Who knows, but there aren’t a lot of photos of kids with measles out there. They likely found a stock photo of a kid with a rash that looked like measles and used it.
Still, while they didn’t use a photo of a child with measles, they also didn’t use a photo of a child that got measles from the vaccine, as Brandy Vaughan claims.
And of course, the rest of the story about Washington being under a state of emergency still stands, as measles cases continue to rise.
More on Did CNN Apologize for Using a Fake Measles Photo?
- VAXOPEDIA – More Measles Hysteria From Bob Sears
- VAXOPEDIA – Fact Checking Sharyl Attkisson on the Measles Outbreaks
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Are Anti-Vaccine Folks Panicking over the Measles Outbreaks?
- VAXOPEDIA – Propaganda Busting Confirms Anti-vaccine Sites Photoshop Images
- VAXOPEDIA – Did Dr. Bob Uncover a CDC Plot to Give Adult Flu Shots to Babies?
- VAXOPEDIA – Dr. Baker Says to Stop Worrying About Measles!
- VAXOPEDIA – What Are Anti-Vaccine Folks Saying About the Measles Outbreaks?
- VAXOPEDIA – What to Do If Your Child Is Exposed to Measles
- VAXOPEDIA – The Brady Bunch Measles Episode
- VAXOPEDIA – The Myth That Measles Isn’t Deadly
- VAXOPEDIA – Measles Propaganda from The Physicians for Informed Consent
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Do We Only Worry About Measles?
- VAXOPEDIA – Can MMR Shedding Start a Measles Outbreak?
- VAXOPEDIA – Who Dies with Measles?
- VAXOPEDIA – Does Having Measles Protect You from Cancer?
- VAXOPEDIA – Did the Measles Vaccine Have Only a Meager Effect on Deaths?
- VAXOPEDIA – Fun and Games with Measles?
- VAXOPEDIA – Measles Deaths in the 21st Century
- VAXOPEDIA – About Those Measles Outbreaks in China
- VAXOPEDIA – When Was the Last Measles Death in the United States?
- VAXOPEDIA – The Pacific Northwest Measles Outbreak of 2019
- VAXOPEDIA – News on the Latest Measles Outbreaks of 2019
- CDC – Measles Cases and Outbreaks
- Measles outbreak in Washington State 2019
- Pacific Northwest Measles Outbreak Winter 2019
- 2018 Measles Outbreak in Rockland County
- Measles in Brooklyn
- Measles Review for Providers