Learn the Risks of Falling for Anti-Vaccine Propaganda
Take the infographic about the number of vaccine doses children in the United States normally get.
Have you seen and fallen for that trick? Did you ever think to actually count the total vaccine doses they list? As you can see above, it doesn’t come out to 72 doses…
But why do they do it? If they really think their “vaccines contain toxic chemicals” argument is convincing, then would it matter if the number of vaccine doses was 11 or 53 or 72? Why inflate it to make it wound scarier?
Still, however you want to count the number of doses of vaccines kids get today, one thing is crystal clear – they get protection from more vaccine-preventable diseases.
In 1983, kids may have only have gotten 11 doses of vaccines, but many still died from Hib pneumonia and meningitis, epiglotitis (Hib), pneumococcal pneumonia and meningitis, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, rotavirus, chicken pox, and meningococcemia, etc.
“for those trained in pediatrics in the 1970s, Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b) was a horror.”
Today, unless you decide to skip or delay your child’s vaccines, they are protected from these diseases.
What to Know About Learning the Risks of Anti-Vaccine Propaganda
It is important to to learn the risks of falling for anti-vaccine propaganda – leaving your kids unvaccinated, unprotected, and at risk for vaccine-preventable diseases.
More on Learning the Risks of Anti-Vaccine Propaganda
- 69 Doses…or Is It 53? Or Even Fewer?
- 69 Doses and Matters of Trust
- The difference between being antivaccine and “pro-safe vaccine,” explained using J.B. Handley
- Immunization Schedule with Combination Vaccines
- Study – Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Multiple Vaccines Overwhelm or Weaken the Infant’s Immune System?
- Too Many, Too Soon
- Vaccines 101: Too Much Too Soon?
- Vaccines – Too Few, Too Late
- Too Many, Too Soon?
- Why are there so many reports of autism following vaccination? A mathematical assessment
- The dumpster dives and fuzzy math of RFK Jr. and friends
- The Toxin Gambit Part 2: Polysorbate 80 and a Maths Fail
- Of Maths and Measles
- Dr. Jay’s Magical Math
- Anti-vaccine statistics – back to simple math again
- Vaccine statistics – scare tactics and bad math don’t fool anyone
- Remembering The Pre-Vaccine Era: The Diseases of Childhood
- Evaluating Vaccines Requires Critical Thinking
Last Updated on