HPV Vaccine Myths
The HPV vaccines have their own myths though, from the idea that they encourage kids to have unprotected sex (they don’t) to the creation of a new disorder – ASIA (which most people think doesn’t exist).
Not surprisingly, studies have confirmed that HPV vaccines are safe and they don’t encourage kids to unprotected sex.
And this is the vaccine that Rep. Michele Bachmann said caused mental retardation:
“She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection. And she suffered from mental retardation thereafter.”
The president of the AAP had to correct her on that one.
Most parents now understand that the HPV vaccines are well studied and in continuing studies have only been found to cause mild side effects, just like most other vaccines.
More on HPV Vaccine Myths
- What Happens If You Get Gardasil and Already Have HPV?
- I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in the HPV Vaccine
- Did the FDA Approve a New HPV Vaccine for Adults?
- Should You Get an Extra Dose of Gardasil9?
- Is the HPV Vaccine a Savior or the Most Dangerous Vaccine Ever Made?
- About Those HPV Vaccine Trials in Infants…
- HPV Vaccine Update
- HPV Vaccines: Answering the Questions Parents May Have
- HPV Vaccine Safety
- HPV ACIP Vaccine Recommendation
- Just Another Shot: Reframing the HPV Vaccine
- History of the HPV Vaccines
- HPV Vaccine Safety and Acceptance
- Gardasil safety and efficacy – debunking the HPV vaccine myths
- Gardasil HPV Vaccine Safety Assessed In Most Comprehensive Study To Date
- HPV vaccines and failure to communicate
- Dr. Diane Harper and HPV vaccines –the tin foil hat version
- Updated – Japan and HPV vaccine – debunking myths
- HPV vaccine and multiple sclerosis – no increased risk
- HPV vaccine causes primary ovarian insufficiency – myth
- Gardasil causes behavioral issues – more myth debunking
- HPV vaccine is unrelated to venous blood clots in another huge study
- Religion vs Gardasil
- HPV vaccine adverse events – this time, POTS
- Gardasil DNA and aluminum – myth debunking time
- Antivaccinationists against the HPV vaccine , Round 5,000
- Study should dispel HPV vaccine myths
- Why Some Parents Are Refusing HPV Vaccine For Their Children
- Is a Gardasil researcher really against the vaccine?