Sadly, even as some of us are working to fight measles outbreaks, others are actually protesting against getting kids vaccinated and protected. And they have gotten someone to finance the making of hundreds of anti-vaccine signs.
Signs that list the typical anti-vaccine talking points that we have been refuted a thousand times…
About Those Anti-Vaccine Signs Some Folks Are Making
Not surprisingly, there is nothing new about these signs.
Remember, every anti-vaccine argument is essentially a PRATT, a point refuted a thousand times.
Whether it is in a book, on Facebook or Twitter, or on a sign, don’t let this type of anti-vaccine misinformation keep you from vaccinating and protecting your kids.
- Childhood Vaccines 24 in 1988 72 in 2019 – inflating the vaccine dose count is simply a propaganda technique
- Vaccine Makers Are Exempt From Liability – this is not true
- Live Virus Vaccines Shed and Spread – while some live vaccines can shed, shedding is not the problem that these folks make it out to be, often going so far as describing a shedding season among other things
- Vaccines Can Cause Injury and Death – although possible, it is extremely rare for vaccines to cause serious, life-threatening injuries
- Vaccine Mandates Violate Bodily Autonomy – since vaccine mandates don’t actually force anyone to get vaccinated, they don’t violate anyone’s bodily autonomy…
- Vaccines Known to Cause Seizures Encephalitis Autoimmunity – you only believe this if you misread the package insert…
- Vaccines Are Not Placebo Safety Tested – except for all of those times when they are, including saline placebos…
- Vaccines Are Made With Aborted Fetal Cells – a cell line whose descendant cells has been copied over and over for over 50 years and are removed before the final vaccine is produced.
- US Law Classifies Vaccines As Unavoidably Unsafe – but that legal term doesn’t in any way mean that vaccines are dangerous or extra risky!
- Impossible to Eradicate Measles With Live Virus Vaccine – this is mischaracterizing something that Gregory Poland said about the difficulty of eradicating measles
“One is morally free to use the vaccine regardless of its historical association with abortion. The reason is that the risk to public health, if one chooses not to vaccinate, outweighs the legitimate concern about the origins of the vaccine. This is especially important for parents, who have a moral obligation to protect the life and health of their children and those around them.”National Catholic Bioethics Center FAQ on the Use of Vaccines
“A moral obligation” to vaccinate your kids…
Maybe we should put that on a sign!
More on Anti-Vaccine Signs
- The Catholic Church and Vaccines
- Are There Any Long-Term Studies On Vaccine Safety?
- Ask 8 Questions Before You Skip a Vaccine
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic
- What Are the Pro and Con Arguments for Vaccines?
- Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Immunizations
- 50 Ways to Get Educated About Vaccines
- Vaccine Schedules from the 1940s to 2019
- Why Are Vaccine Schedules Different in Each Country?
- National Catholic Bioethics Center FAQ on the Use of Vaccines
- Antivaccinationists and the Nation of Islam protest in front of the CDC, but don’t you dare call them “antivaccine”
- Jenny McCarthy, Jim Carrey, and “Green Our Vaccines”: Anti-vaccine, not “pro-safe vaccine”
- Why is the Church of Scientology helping antivaxers in a last ditch attempt to block passage of SB 276?
- Vaccine Injury Epidemic (VIE) Event: Antivaxers will march on Washington again
- Antivaxxers invade San Diego Comic-Con
- SB 277 and bogus medical exemptions to vaccine mandates in California
- New York anti-vaccine event attracts pro-vaccine protests amid measles outbreak