Why do some folks think that aluminum in vaccines can cause asthma?
The usual suspects…
Can Aluminum in Vaccines Cause Asthma?
To be sure, a study, Association Between Aluminum Exposure From Vaccines Before Age 24 Months and Persistent Asthma at Age 24 to 59 Months, was just published.
A study that was conducted by respected researchers and funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as part of the Vaccine Safety Datalink project.
A study that found a positive association between aluminum in vaccines and the development of persistent asthma in some children.
“In a large observational study, a positive association was found between vaccine-related aluminum exposure and persistent asthma.”Association Between Aluminum Exposure From Vaccines Before Age 24 Months and Persistent Asthma at Age 24 to 59 Months
That’s not enough evidence to say that vaccines cause asthma!
For one thing, the observational study which looked at kids with and without eczema had some inconsistencies among their findings and did not account for other sources of aluminum exposure or breastfeeding, etc.
“When the authors restricted their analysis to only children who had been fully immunized, the effect of aluminum exposure on the eczema sub-sample is no longer significant and is barely so among the non-eczema cohort.”Aluminum Adjuvants in Childhood Vaccines and Asthma Risk: What do We See?
Also, other studies have already shown that vaccines do not cause asthma!
There is also the fact that fewer kids today (3%) report having had an asthma attack in the previous year than they did in 1997 (5.4%), and that fewer kids have asthma today (7%) than in 2003 (8.7%)!
Shouldn’t rates of asthma have been going up if aluminum in vaccines are associated with asthma?
Would you have expected rates of asthma to be going down so much in younger children if vaccines were associated with asthma?
So what’s next?
Additional studies are already being planned.
Researchers will work to figure out if this is really something to be concerned about or just another thing to scare parents away from vaccinating and protecting their kids.
More on Vaccines and Asthma
- Can Vaccines Cause Eczema?
- Do Vaccines Cause Food Allergies?
- Do 54% of Children Have a Chronic Health Condition?
- America’s New Normal: Propaganda About the Unhealthiest Generation
- Are Vaccines Causing Long-Term Health Problems?
- More Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated Studies
- Are There Any Long-Term Studies On Vaccine Safety?
- America’s Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, 2021 – Asthma
- Table AsthCh. Asthma in children under age 18, by selected characteristics: United States, selected years 1997–2019
- HEALTH8.A Asthma: Percentage of children ages 0–17 with asthma, 1997–2019
- Aluminum Adjuvants in Childhood Vaccines and Asthma Risk: What do We See?
- Study – Association Between Aluminum Exposure From Vaccines Before Age 24 Months and Persistent Asthma at Age 24 to 59 Months
- Study tries to see if child vaccines and asthma are linked
- VFV Ep. 65: Dr. Offit’s Take on Aluminum
- Study – Assessing Potential Confounding and Misclassification Bias When Studying the Safety of the Childhood Immunization Schedule
- Study – Childhood vaccinations and risk of asthma
- Vaccines and Asthma or Allergies
- Vaccination and the Risk of Atopy and Asthma
- Aluminum in Vaccines: Is it Harmful?