Breaking News: The FDA has expanded the EUA for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to included teens who are 12-15 years of age.
Believe it or not, some folks believe that COVID vaccines for children should not get emergency use authorization.
These folks seem to think that COVID in kids isn’t quite bad enough to warrant the benefit of access to a vaccine that could keep them from getting sick.
COVID Vaccines for Children Should Get Emergency Use Authorization
Well, not just keep them from getting sick.
A vaccine that will hopefully keep kids from dying.
A vaccine that will hopefully keep kids out of the hospital.
“A quarter of children experienced persistent symptoms months after hospitalization with acute covid-19 infection, with almost one in ten experiencing multi-system involvement.”Risk factors for long covid in previously hospitalised children using the ISARIC Global follow-up protocol: A prospective cohort study
A vaccine that will hopefully keep kids from developing MIS-C and other long term complications.
A vaccine that has already been safely given to over two million older teens!
A vaccine that most pediatricians and parents want now!
“After completing a thorough and independent scientific review of the evidence, the Department has determined that this vaccine is safe and effective at preventing COVID-19 when used in children between 12 and 15 years of age.”Health Canada authorizes use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in children 12 to 15 years of age
A vaccine that is already being given to younger teens in Canada.
“Even in the likely scenario that no significant adverse events materialize, we may still pay a price for the pursuit of emergency use authorizations for covid-19 vaccines in children. Controversy surrounding mass child vaccination under emergency use authorizations could feed vaccine hesitancy in the United States at a time when public attitudes towards vaccination are critical. A wide rollout of child covid-19 vaccines should follow the standard regulatory process as for most children, unlike adults, covid-19 vaccination is not addressing an emergency.”Covid vaccines for children should not get emergency use authorization
A vaccine that is most certainly addressing an emergency!
COVID vaccines for 12 to 15 year old children should get their Emergency Use Authorization as soon as possible, starting with the Pfizer COVID vaccine, after which the ACIP will hopefully lower the vaccine’s age indication to 12 years.
Let’s not make kids wait for their shot at avoiding COVID any longer than is necessary.
More on COVID Vaccines for Children
- When Will New COVID-19 Vaccines Be Approved for Kids?
- Kids and Young Adults Should Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- What is the COVID-19 Multi-System Inflammatory State?
- Why Does the BMJ Post Anti-Vaccine Propaganda?
- Did the BMJ Have a Debate About the Risk of Dying from the MMR Vaccine Vs Measles?
- The BMJ Asks If Injections Are Part of the “Mystery” of Acute Flaccid Myelitis/AFM…
- Why Do Some People Think That Vaccines Cause AFM?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Update
- Virtual Press Conference: COVID-19 Vaccine for Adolescents – 5/10/2021
- FDA – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for Emergency Use in Adolescents in Another Important Action in Fight Against Pandemic
- Pfizer-BioNTech Announce Positive Topline Results of Pivotal COVID-19 Vaccine Study in Adolescents
- FDA – Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines Explained
- AAP – Children and COVID-19: State-Level Data Report
- CDC – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network (COVID-NET)
- Virtual Pediatric Systems
- Coronavirus in Kids (COVKID) Tracking and Education Project
- A “not antivaccine” antivax pediatrician asks how we will know a COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective
- The Majority Of Children Who Die From COVID-19 Are Children Of Color
- COVID-19 in Children in the United States: Intensive Care Admissions, Estimated Total Infected, and Projected Numbers of Severe Pediatric Cases in 2020
- Neurological issues in children with COVID-19
- Risk factors for long covid in previously hospitalised children using the ISARIC Global follow-up protocol: A prospective cohort study
- Boston doctors warn that young people are dying at ‘historic rates’ from COVID-19
- Why children are not immune to Covid-19
- Health Canada authorizes use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in children 12 to 15 years of age
- U.S. parents begin to ask: Should my child get a COVID-19 shot?
Covid vaccines for children should not get emergency use authorization