Breaking News – the FDA is expected to authorize the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 12-15 year olds by next week.
So far, Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is the only one that has been authorized for kids, but only those who are aged 16 years and older.
So does that mean you can expect your kids to be able to get a vaccine soon?
When Will New COVID-19 Vaccines Be Approved for Kids?
We are certainly getting close…
Now that vaccination is open to everyone, not just those in high risk groups, we are just waiting for the age indication to be lowered.
When can we expect more kids to be able to get vaccinated and protected against COVID-19?
It likely won’t be until more clinical trials are completed that include kids.
“Pfizer expects to file for full US Food and Drug Administration approval for its Covid-19 vaccine for people ages 16 to 85 this month, and will seek emergency use authorization for its vaccine for children ages 2 to 11 in September, the company said during an earnings call on Tuesday.”Pfizer to seek authorization for Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 2 to 11 in September
Fortunately, all of those trials have already started.
And with the way things are going, we should be able to vaccinate teens this spring and summer and younger kids in the fall!
More on COVID-19 Vaccines for Kids
- Kids and Young Adults Should Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Where Can I Find a COVID-19 Vaccine for My Kids?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Many Covid-19 Vaccines Were Studied With Saline Placebos
- Where Are the COVID-19 Package Inserts?
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Are Kids Dying With COVID-19?
- CDC – Phased Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccines
- CDC – COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Playbook for Jurisdiction Operations
- MMWR – The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Interim Recommendation for Allocating Initial Supplies of COVID-19 Vaccine — United States, 2020.
- A Framework for Equitable Allocation of Vaccine for the Novel Coronavirus
- When Will the COVID-19 Vaccine Be Available for Kids, and Will It Be Safe for Your Family?
- AAP: Include children in COVID-19 vaccine trials
- ACIP – Evidence Table for COVID-19 Vaccines Allocation in Phases 1b and 1c of the Vaccination Program
- Pfizer Says FDA Will Soon Authorize COVID-19 Vaccine For 12-15 Age Group
- Pfizer to seek authorization for Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 2 to 11 in September