Breaking News – Pfizer has asked for EUA for their COVID vaccine for children aged 5-11 years.
Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is the only one that has been authorized for kids, but only those who are at least 12 years and older.
So does that mean you can expect your younger kids to be able to get a vaccine soon?
When Will New COVID-19 Vaccines Be Approved for Kids?
We are certainly getting close…
Now that vaccination is open to everyone, not just those in high risk groups, we are just waiting for the age indication to be lowered.
When can we expect more kids to be able to get vaccinated and protected against COVID-19?
We were told that it likely won’t be until more clinical trials are completed that include kids.
And that all of those trials had already started and should be competed by September.
Fortunately, it seems that everything we were told was indeed correct, at least for children aged 5 to 11 years.
“The Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) Vaccines and Related Biological Products Committee will meet Oct. 26 to discuss use of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for this age group. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices is expected to meet shortly after.”Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for kids would require different doses, dilution, storage
We are now just waiting for the FDA to finish reviewing all of the data from the pediatric COVID clinical trials and have their meeting on October 28, when they should vote on whether or not to expand the vaccine’s EUA to younger children. After the, there will be an ACIP meeting where we should get an official recommendation.
More on COVID-19 Vaccines for Kids
- Off-Label Use of COVID Vaccines for Kids
- Kids and Young Adults Should Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Where Can I Find a COVID-19 Vaccine for My Kids?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Many Covid-19 Vaccines Were Studied With Saline Placebos
- Where Are the COVID-19 Package Inserts?
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Are Kids Dying With COVID-19?
- MMWR – The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Interim Recommendation for Allocating Initial Supplies of COVID-19 Vaccine — United States, 2020.
- When Will the COVID-19 Vaccine Be Available for Kids, and Will It Be Safe for Your Family?
- AAP: Include children in COVID-19 vaccine trials
- Pfizer Says FDA Will Soon Authorize COVID-19 Vaccine For 12-15 Age Group
- Pfizer to seek authorization for Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 2 to 11 in September
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for kids would require different doses, dilution, storage