Just as you did when we were vaccinated and protected, by adding your dependent children to your v-safe account, you can help to make sure CDC knows about any side effects your kids might have after they get their COVID vaccines.
Have you registered your kids for v-safe yet?
Adding Dependent Children to Your V-Safe Account
Although teens who are at least 16 years old can register for their own accounts, you can also add your children, no matter their age, onto your own v-safe account…
Don’t have a v-safe account yet?
You can register for v-safe just to add your children!
If you already have a v-safe account, you can access your account and then add your children.
“During the first week after you get your vaccine, v-safe will send you a text message each day to ask how you are doing. Then v-safe will send you check-in messages once a week for up to 6 weeks. The questions v-safe asks take less than 5 minutes to answer.
After you enter another dose of vaccine, v-safe will restart the check-in process so you can share your experience after this dose as well. Finally, you’ll receive check-ins 3, 6, and 12 months after your final dose of vaccine.”Frequently Asked Questions about v-safe
What is CDC doing with all of the data they get from v-safe?
For one thing, they will be able to compare side effects between younger and older kids who are vaccinated.
Mostly, along with their other COVID vaccine safety monitoring systems, CDC will use v-safe data to help detect safety signals after children and adults get their COVID vaccines.
And of course, in addition to the active v-safe system, you should still report vaccine side effects to VAERS.
More on V-Safe for Kids
- Pfizer COVID Vaccines for 5-11 Year Olds
- What’s Different About COVID Vaccines for Kids?
- Are Kids Dying With COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- Coadministration of COVID Vaccines with Other Vaccines
- About Those Urgent COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Warnings
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in the COVID-19 Vaccine
- CDC – V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
- CDC – How to Register a Dependent
- CDC – Frequently Asked Questions about v-safe
- CDC – V-safe COVID-19 Vaccine Pregnancy Registry
- CDC – Troubleshooting and v-safe Support
- CDC – COVID-19 Vaccine safety updates (June 2021)
- CDC – Updates from the v-safe COVID-19 vaccine pregnancy registry (Sept 2021)
- CDC – Early safety monitoring for additional COVID-19 vaccine doses: Reports to VAERS and v-safe (Oct 2021)
- CDC – COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Monitoring in Children (Nov 2021)
- CDC – V-safe active surveillance for COVID-19 vaccine safety protocol, version 3