Although there are many systems in place to help make sure vaccines are safe, it shouldn’t be surprising that some extra safety monitoring systems were added for the new COVID-19 vaccines.
COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Monitoring Systems
What new safety monitoring systems?
- V-safe (CDC) – an active smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive your COVID-19 vaccination.
- CBER Biologics Effectiveness and Safety (BEST) System (FDA) – A system of electronic health record, administrative, and claims-based data for active surveillance and research of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN ) – data from healthcare facilities, including long-term care facilities (LTCFs), with reporting to VAERS
- Genesis – will track COVID-19 vaccinations in long-term care facilities
These are the systems that will monitor folks who have gotten their COVID-19 vaccine for side effects.
But that’s not all!
We will continue to see clinical trials to make sure the COVID-19 vaccine is safe to get while pregnant, while breastfeeding, and for children, etc.
The initial clinical trials that were used to get the COVID-19 vaccines approved did show they were safe and effective, you can be assured that there are many safety and monitoring systems in place that will continue to monitor folks for adverse effects.
More on COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Monitoring Systems
- Look Who’s Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Where Are the COVID-19 Package Inserts?
- Deaths Following COVID-19 Vaccination – Understanding Background Rates
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Many Covid-19 Vaccines Were Studied With Saline Placebos
- Where Are the Vaccine Studies That Aren’t Funded by Big Pharma?
- Are There Any Long-Term Studies On Vaccine Safety?
- ACIP – COVID-19 vaccine post-authorization safety monitoring update
- CDC – Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- Postapproval Vaccine Safety Surveillance for COVID-19 Vaccines in the US
- WHO – COVID-19 Vaccines Safety Surveillance Manual
- Five ways that scientists are ensuring the safety of COVID-19 vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A with Vaccine Safety Expert
- How Can We Be Sure the New COVID-19 Vaccines Are Safe?
- FDA – The Path for a COVID-19 Vaccine from Research to Emergency Use Authorization