Now that COVID vaccines are authorized for younger kids, you might be wondering, how many kids have gotten a COVID vaccine?
Probably more than you think!
How Many Kids Have Gotten a COVID Vaccine?
Over 900,000 children under age 12 years have already gotten a dose of COVID vaccine.
And just over 129 thousand are already fully vaccinated!
How are so many younger kids fully vaccinated when a COVID vaccine for this age group was only just authorized on November 2? And there is a minimum three week interval between doses?
Some of these younger kids likely got their dose early, either on purpose or inadvertently. In other cases though, the doses may have been misclassified – an older child or adult got a dose and the age was entered wrong.
Still, it is clear that the great majority of doses in this age group have come since the COVID vaccine was authorized.
How Many Teens Have Gotten a COVID Vaccine?
What else do you notice in these COVID vaccine statistics?
Yes, it is going to take a little time to get younger kids a COVID vaccine, but did you know that nearly 50% of older kids are already fully vaccinated and protected?
And vaccination rates are much, much higher in some communities.
In Marin County, California, for instance, over 91% of teens are vaccinated!
Are you ready to get your kids vaccinated and protected?
Still have questions about the safety of COVID vaccines?
We almost certainly have your questions answered:
- The COVID-19 vaccine and kids. Your questions answered
- Kids and the COVID-19 Vaccine: Your Questions Answered
- 20 things to know about COVID-19 vaccines for kids under 12
- Kids and the COVID-19 vaccine: We answer questions from children and families in our community
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Kids: What to Know – How to Schedule
- Good Questions (and Answers) About the Covid-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccine Questions and Answers for Parents
- A Guide to Pfizer/BioNTech’s Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids 5-11
- 11 myths about COVID vaccines and kids
- Teens Asked, We Answered: The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- What Parents Need to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines for Children
Are you ready to get your kids vaccinated and protected now?
More on COVID Vaccines for Kids
- Adding Dependent Children to Your V-Safe Account
- Pfizer COVID Vaccines for 5-11 Year Olds
- COVID Vaccines for Teens
- What’s Different About COVID Vaccines for Kids?
- Infertility and COVID Vaccines
- More on Transient Myocarditis and COVID Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- CDC Recommends Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine for Children 5 to 11 Years
- CDC – Demographic Characteristics of People Receiving COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States
- CDC – COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens
- CDC – How to Talk with Parents and Caregivers about COVID-19 Vaccination
- MMWR – Acceptability of Adolescent COVID-19 Vaccination Among Adolescents and Parents of Adolescents — United States, April 15–23, 2021
- MMWR – COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 12–17 Years — United States, December 14, 2020–July 31, 2021
- Nearly 1 million kids ages 5-11 will have their first COVID shots by the end of today
- Florida ONLY ordered 90,000 doses of Pfizer’s vaccine for kids. Other states got way more.
- ‘We just want some normalcy back.’ Why Columbus families are getting their kids vaccinated
- Vaccination progress data (California)