Now that COVID vaccines are authorized for younger kids, you might be wondering, how many kids have gotten a COVID vaccine?
Probably more than you think!
How Many Kids Have Gotten a COVID Vaccine?
Over 6 million children under age 12 years have already gotten a dose of COVID vaccine.
And just over 3.7 million are already fully vaccinated!
That’s not bad considering a COVID vaccine for this age group was only just authorized on November 2. And there is a minimum three week interval between doses!
How Many Teens Have Gotten a COVID Vaccine?
What else do you notice in these COVID vaccine statistics?
Yes, it is going to take a little time to get younger kids a COVID vaccine, but did you know that over 55% of older kids are already fully vaccinated and protected?
And vaccination rates are much, much higher in some communities.
In Marin County, California, for instance, over 91% of teens are vaccinated!
Are you ready to get your kids vaccinated and protected?
Still have questions about the safety of COVID vaccines?
We almost certainly have your questions answered:
- The COVID-19 vaccine and kids. Your questions answered
- Kids and the COVID-19 Vaccine: Your Questions Answered
- 20 things to know about COVID-19 vaccines for kids under 12
- Kids and the COVID-19 vaccine: We answer questions from children and families in our community
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Kids: What to Know – How to Schedule
- Good Questions (and Answers) About the Covid-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccine Questions and Answers for Parents
- A Guide to Pfizer/BioNTech’s Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids 5-11
- 11 myths about COVID vaccines and kids
- Teens Asked, We Answered: The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- What Parents Need to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines for Children
Are you ready to get your kids vaccinated and protected now?
More on COVID Vaccines for Kids
- Adding Dependent Children to Your V-Safe Account
- When Will New COVID-19 Vaccines Be Approved for Kids?
- Pfizer COVID Vaccines for 5-11 Year Olds
- COVID Vaccine Booster Doses
- COVID Vaccines for Teens
- What’s Different About COVID Vaccines for Kids?
- Infertility and COVID Vaccines
- More on Transient Myocarditis and COVID Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- CDC Recommends Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine for Children 5 to 11 Years
- CDC – Demographic Characteristics of People Receiving COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States
- CDC – COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens
- CDC – How to Talk with Parents and Caregivers about COVID-19 Vaccination
- MMWR – Acceptability of Adolescent COVID-19 Vaccination Among Adolescents and Parents of Adolescents — United States, April 15–23, 2021
- MMWR – COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage Among Adolescents Aged 12–17 Years — United States, December 14, 2020–July 31, 2021
- Nearly 1 million kids ages 5-11 will have their first COVID shots by the end of today
- Florida ONLY ordered 90,000 doses of Pfizer’s vaccine for kids. Other states got way more.
- ‘We just want some normalcy back.’ Why Columbus families are getting their kids vaccinated
- Vaccination progress data (California)