Wait, why would anyone think that kids and young adults shouldn’t get a COVID-19 vaccine?
The usual suspects…
Kids and Young Adults Should Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
Unfortunately, COVID-19 has not spared kids and young adults.
Sure, kids and young adults are not dying in the same numbers that we are seeing in older age groups, but they are much higher than we would see in a typical flu season.
Are they all kids with chronic medical problems?
“The death rate for younger Americans diagnosed with Covid-19 works out to odds of one in 500. For comparison, an American’s odds of dying in a motor vehicle accident over the course of a year are one in 8,000, and of dying in a firearm assault are one in 22,000.”I’m Young and Healthy. If I Get Coronavirus, Will I Be Fine?
Are these kids and young adults dying with COVID-19 because they don’t eat well and haven’t been exercising? Almost certainly not, as those things are great, but likely don’t keep you from dying when you get a life-threatening disease.
Why Does Joe Rogan Think Your Kids Shouldn’t Get a Covid-19 Vaccine?
Joe Rogan’s kids had very mild symptoms when they had COVID-19.
“I hate to say that if someone’s children died from this. I’m very sorry that that happened. I’m not in any way diminishing that. But I’m saying the personal experience that my children had with COVID was nothing.”Joe Rogan
Tragically, many parents have not had the same experience.
“While COVID-19 takes a far deadlier toll on elderly people than on young adults, an investigation of front-line health care worker deaths by the Guardian and KHN has uncovered numerous instances when staff members under age 30 were exposed on the job and also succumbed.”Dying Young: The Health Care Workers in Their 20s Killed by COVID-19
Sure, kids and young adults have a much better chance than older people of getting through COVID-19 without serious complications, but that’s not guaranteed.
“Both of us got vaccinated this week, specifically because of what Rachel went through,” Allen said. “We don’t want that for ourselves, we don’t want that for anyone around us.”‘Shouldn’t be burying’ them: More young people dying from COVID-19
That’s why everyone should get vaccinated and protected as soon as they can, whether they are 81, 61, 21, or 11 years old.
Young and otherwise healthy people are dying with COVID-19.
Let’s work to get everyone vaccinated and protected, including younger kids once vaccines are available for them, to help prevent disease and death at these ages.
“Most of his assertions are wild claims — that astronauts didn’t land on the moon, or that the government found aliens in Roswell. Normally, it’s easy enough to shake off his ramblings, but experts say his questioning of both vaccines and the severity of covid-19 is putting people at risk.”Joe Rogan is using his wildly popular podcast to question vaccines. Experts are fighting back.
After all, COVID-19 vaccines are safe, with few risks, and are very necessary to help end the pandemic. It’s a shame that Joe Rogan doesn’t understand that and hasn’t used his platform to help get his listeners vaccinated and protected.
It’s also a shame that some people are looking to celebrities like Joe Rogan for advice on whether or not to get a COVID-19 vaccine, ignoring the advice of experts, like Anthony Fauci who recommends that we all get vaccinated and protected!
More on Joe Rogan Gives Bad COVID Vaccine Advice
- I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Allergic Reactions to COVID-19 Vaccines
- Do COVID-19 Vaccines Cause Blood Clots?
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- Side Effects After the Second Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Infertility and COVID Vaccines
- Shedding and COVID-19 Vaccines
- About Those Urgent COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Warnings
- Are One in a Billion Children Dying of COVID-19?
- Misinformation about COVID-19 Deaths
- What is the COVID-19 Multi-System Inflammatory State?
- Dr. Fauci says Joe Rogan ‘incorrect’ to tell young people not to get vaccinated
- Joe Rogan is using his wildly popular podcast to question vaccines. Experts are fighting back.
- Joe Rogan Spreads Vaccine Nonsense
- Why I Left Joe Rogan on My List of Celebrities Promoting Pseudoscience
- Coronavirus and COVID-19: Younger Adults Are at Risk, Too
- Data reveal deadliness of COVID-19, even in young adults
- ‘Shouldn’t be burying’ them: More young people dying from COVID-19
- A Story Of Youth, Hope And Loss — And The Mystery Of COVID-19
- Young People Are Dying from Coronavirus in Florida, Too
- New data shows young, healthy adults dying more often from COVID in Mecklenburg
- Dying Young: The Health Care Workers in Their 20s Killed by COVID-19
- I’m Young and Healthy. If I Get Coronavirus, Will I Be Fine?
- Family warns young people after 19-year-old dies from COVID-19 within week
- More young people being hospitalized for COVID-19, experts say
- Why does Covid-19 kill some young, healthy people—and spare others?
- COVID-19 has killed thousands of young Americans. This is not just a tragedy for the elderly.
- The young die as well from COVID-19, even as many engage in denial
- COVID-19 contributes to death increase among young adults, study says
- Two ‘young adults’ died of COVID-19 over the weekend, says Cowichan Tribes chief
- Younger Adults Caught in COVID-19 Crosshairs as Demographics Shift
- COVID-19’s impact on young people “worse than the very worst of the AIDS epidemic,” doctor says
- People Thought Covid-19 Was Relatively Harmless for Younger Adults. They Were Wrong.
- Young people are at risk of severe Covid-19 illness
- Boston doctors warn that young people are dying at ‘historic rates’ from COVID-19
- ‘Significant number’ of young people are dying at home with COVID-19: Ontario coroner
- Why Do Young, Healthy People Die from COVID-19?