Why do some folks think that they have to go out of their way to learn how to legally decline a vaccine?
The usual suspects…
How to Legally Decline a Vaccine
Of course, since vaccine mandates don’t actually force anyone to get vaccinated and protected, you don’t necessarily need to look for any extra legal ways to decline your vaccines.
You can simply say no, or in the case of vaccine mandates that require vaccines for school attendance or an employment requirement, if you don’t meet an existing exemption, you can make alternative plans.
But no, you are not going to get any kind of ‘Get Out of Vaccine Free Card’ because of some plan you read about on Facebook.
In fact, when presented with such a plan to decline vaccines, your health care provider, since they are bound by the Hippocratic Oath, should:
- Ask “is there a possibility that you could get a vaccine-preventable disease if you decline a vaccine?”
- Also ask, “is there a possibility that the vaccine-preventable disease could be life-threatening?”
And then, if you don’t have any contraindications to getting the vaccine, since the answers to the above two questions are almost certainly “yes,” then instead of declining the vaccine, you should get vaccinated and protected!
More on Declining Vaccines
- Is MRC-5 the Name of an Electively Aborted Baby Boy?
- Which Vaccines Contain Aborted Baby Parts?
- The Catholic Church and Vaccines
- The Moral Responsibility of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Who Are the Religious Leaders Who Are Against Vaccines?
- How Often Do Severe Events Occur After Vaccines?
- The Benefits and Risks of Delaying Vaccines
- What Is the Evidence for Alternative Vaccine Schedules?
- Are the Risks Greater Than the Benefits for Any Vaccines?
- Whose Rights Are Taken Away By Vaccine Mandates?
- Will COVID-19 Vaccines Be Mandatory?
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic