Why do some people think that 9 people died after getting flu shots in South Korea?
The usual suspects…
Did 9 People Die After Getting Flu Shots?
To be fair, there is a report of someone dying after getting a flu shot in South Korea.
But except for this one report over 10 years ago, no one in South Korea has died after getting a flu shot.
Or to be clear, no one who has died after getting a flu shot has had a causal link between their deaths and flu vaccines.
“According to the KDCA, there has been only one death case that authorities found a connection to a flu shot. In 2009, a 65-year-old woman was diagnosed with Miller Fisher syndrome, a rare nerve disease, after receiving a flu shot and died a year later.”9 people have died after getting flu shots: authorities
And yes, especially when you consider that millions and millions of people are getting their flu shot in a short period of time, there is a very high probability that a death shortly after being vaccinated could be a coincidence.
“We estimate that, by pure statistical chance, 15-20 people die every day in Italy during the two month flu vaccination campaign within 48 hours of vaccination. These figures help us to understand that the three deaths in question fell well within the daily expected numbers of deaths in the vaccinated elderly population.”Deaths after Fluad flu vaccine and the epidemic of panic in Italy
This is especially true considering that the nine people in South Korea received flu vaccines from different manufacturers in different parts of the country and many had pre-existing conditions.
“The head of South Korea’s public health body said Wednesday there was no direct link between flu shots and recent reported deaths and the government will go ahead with the nationwide flu vaccine program.”9 people have died after getting flu shots: authorities
That’s not to say that these deaths won’t be fully investigated to see if they could be a vaccine injury. Of course they will, just as all vaccines are carefully monitored in ongoing vaccine safety programs.
But it is very important to remember that the deaths have not been linked to flu vaccines.
“In the following weeks, the number of deaths reported as suspected adverse reactions increased, probably as a result of the massive media coverage, which is also likely to have boosted the public’s hesitancy to be vaccinated.”Deaths after Fluad flu vaccine and the epidemic of panic in Italy
That leaves us with what should be the real story this and every flu season – that most kids who die with the flu are unvaccinated.
And we shouldn’t let reports in the media and folks like Sherri Tenpenny scare parents away from vaccinating and protecting their kids, leaving them at risk to get a life-threatening, vaccine-preventable disease.
More on Flu Vaccine Deaths
- How Often Do Severe Events Occur After Vaccines?
- How Many People Die in the USA Every Year from Being Vaccinated?
- Did 79.4% of the Reported Child Deaths to VAERS Get a Vaccine on the Day They Died?
- The Tragedy in Samoa Was Not Caused by the MMR Vaccine
- A Toddler Has Died After Being Vaccinated in Cuba
- Is It a Vaccine Reaction?
- Mistaking Subsequence for Consequence
- Are There Any Long-Term Studies On Vaccine Safety?
- Why Do Kids Die With the Flu?
- What is the Association Between COVID-19 Deaths and Flu Vaccination Rates?
- I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in Flu Shots
- 9 people have died after getting flu shots: authorities
- Teen Dies after Flu Shot, Cause of Death Not Yet Determined
- South Korea Tries to Quell Anxiety Over Flu Shots After 9 Unexplained Deaths
- Deaths after Fluad flu vaccine and the epidemic of panic in Italy
- The “Fluad Case” in Italy: Could it have been dealt differently?
- A look at Tenpenny’s “Vaccine Research Library”
- Getting to know Sherri Tenpenny – a guide