Remember the two young children who died in Samoa in early July 2018, shortly after getting an MMR vaccine?
In addition to the tragic deaths of those two children, it led to the suspension of all vaccinations in the country.
The Tragedy in Samoa Was Not Caused by the MMR Vaccine
Fortunately, that suspension was eventually reversed, but they did continue to hold MMR vaccinations.
How long did they suspend MMR vaccinations?
They actually don’t restart until April 15.
And while the trial for the two nurses involved in the tragedy is delayed until June, the Director General of Health, Leausa Take Naseri, has said that their deaths were a mistake caused by human error.
And that the MMR vaccine is safe.
With measles outbreaks in many nearby countries, health experts and parents are eager to get vaccinations restarted and to get kids caught up.
More on The Vaccine Tragedy in Samoa
- VAXOPEDIA – Update on the Samoa Vaccine Tragedy
- VAXOPEDIA – Vaccination Tragedies are Rare
- VAXOPEDIA – Everything You Need to Know About the Measles Vaccine
- Reassurances to Samoans from expert – MMR vaccinations are safe
- Samoa MMR vaccinations to resume on April 15
- Training and preparation underway in Samoa for restart of MMR vaccinations
- Samoan nurses’ MMR trial delayed until June
- Samoa vaccine story – tragedy abused by anti-vaccine websites
- Mothers share views on vaccination
- Human error suspected in deaths
- Second nurse faces manslaughter charge over vaccination deaths
- Attorney General confirms that Police have charged nurse in relation to vaccine deaths
- What happened in Samoa?
- Medical error likely cause of Samoa baby deaths – vaccinologist
- Anti-vaccination activists linked to Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club
- Planned Apia anti-vaccine workshop worries Ministry, WHO
- Stop Anti-Vax Taylor Winterstein from Spreading Dangerous Misinformation NZ
- Concerns about vaccine workshop scheduled to be held in Samoa
- ‘Irresponsible’: Wife of NRL player charges $200 for anti-vax workshop
- Taylor Winterstein – Vaxxed Australia
Last Updated on