Good news everyone! We can officially put an end to the idea of shedding season.
The End of Shedding Season
Well think about it.
Folks who push the idea of shedding season think that many kids get measles after they are exposed to someone else that was recently vaccinated and protected.
But if shedding season was real, we would still be seeing lot of kids with measles in the United States, right?
Of course, we’re not.
Most of the cases in 2020 have been reported by Romania (1284), Bulgaria (257), France (219) and Germany (136).Communicable disease threats report, 16-22 August 2020, week 34
Unlike many other countries where measles outbreaks are still ongoing. Countries that continue to have endemic spread of measles, and so didn’t benefit as much from travel restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Travel restrictions that have kept measles out of the United States.
Travel restrictions, that once eased, will once again allow measles back into the United States if everyone isn’t vaccinated and protected, as it should be obvious that measles hasn’t gone away.
Hopefully the myth of shedding season has though.
“This was just the tip of the iceberg. Little by little, I found that every single verifiable anti-vaccine claim I had ever bought into was a misunderstanding, or a distortion, or even just a flat-out lie.”Right on Time
Just like all of the rest of misinformation about vaccines that has been refuted a thousand times.
More on Shedding Season
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Warns Patients about Vaccine Shedding
- More Misinformation on Vaccine Shedding
- Can MMR Shedding Start a Measles Outbreak?
- Does the FluMist Vaccine Shed?
- Can I Get Rotavirus from My Recently Vaccinated Baby?
- St. Jude Inpatient Visiting Guidelines
- Ask 8 Questions Before You Skip a Vaccine
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic
- It’s Just More Anti-Vaccine Misinformation
- Vaccine Misinformation from Bob Sears is Not Harmless
- CDC – Measles Cases and Outbreaks
- ECDC – Communicable disease threats report, 16-22 August 2020, week 34
- WHO – Measles and Rubella Surveillance Data
- “Vaccine Shedding”: Time Up For Another Vaccine Myth
- Right on Time