As flu season approaches, it seems like everyone wants to give you advice about flu vaccines.
How do you know who to listen to?
Getting Advice About Flu Vaccines
How do you know who’s advice to avoid?
Amanda Bitz wrote a popular post with some good advice.
Another nurse thought she could do a little better…
Nurse Sherri wasn’t the only one who felt the need to write a response after reading a post with advice about flu vaccines.
Not surprisingly, anti-vax folks have not liked Beth Purkey’s post.
What can you see in their responses?
So who do you want to get advice about flu vaccines from?
Who do you want taking care of you in the hospital if you are sick?
Folks trying to sell you stuff, from essential oils and CBD oil to misinformation about vaccines and the flu, or an “ACTUAL certified medical professional” who knows what they are talking about?
“The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year, but good health habits like covering your cough and washing your hands often can help stop the spread of germs and prevent respiratory illnesses like the flu.”Healthy Habits to Help Prevent Flu
How serious are you about wanting to avoid getting the flu and keeping your family healthy?
Have you gotten your flu shot yet?
Has your family?
More on Flu Vaccines
- I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in Flu Shots
- What Makes the Flu So Deadly?
- Will This Season’s Flu Shot Fail?
- What Are the Side Effects of the Flu Vaccine?
- Does Getting a Flu Vaccine Increase Your Risk of Spreading the Flu or Getting Others Sick?
- I Refuse to Listen to Bad Advice About Flu Shots, and I Won’t Apologize for It
- Retired Hospital Worker’s Flu Shot Speech at the ACIP Meeting
- Why Do Some Folks Wear a Mask During Flu Season?
- Can Flu Shots Cause the Flu?
- CDC – Healthy Habits to Help Prevent Flu
- Ask the Experts about Influenza Vaccines
- Flu Shots During Pregnancy Lead to Healthier Mothers and Babies
- Family Stories – Families Fighting Flu
- Flu Shots: Here We Go Again!
- Beyond the flu shot: A closer look at the “alternatives”
- CAM and low flu vaccine uptake: Fitting together hand in glove
- The vast majority of doctors refuse the flu shot: another wilful myth from the AVN
- Flu vaccine myths
- Flu vaccine facts – countering those anti-vaxxer myths and tropes
- Why we vaccinate–debunking flu vaccine myths in 25 easy steps
- 5 myths about the flu vaccine
Last Updated on