Hopefully everyone understands that discrimination is still very common these days. From race and religion to age and sex based discrimination, even with protective laws and regulations, many people face discrimination each and every day.
Is Vaccine Discrimination a Thing?
We should start by saying that vaccine discrimination is not really a thing. After all, no one is discriminating against children and adults with true medical exemptions to getting vaccinated.
How does that work?
Bob Sears goes as far as saying that the discrimination against parents whose children are intentionally unvaccinated is worse than the treatment of blacks in the Jim Crow era!
“In my opinion, this is a new type of discrimination at its worst. It’s taking a new class of vulnerable children — the vaccine-compromised — and saying that because they refuse to finish their damn shots, they don’t get school. Forget separate but equal. This is separate … and NOTHING! No school at all. Soon it’s going to be no playgrounds and no drinking fountains either. Hey, the last time our government did this to a group of people, at least they GOT drinking fountains. They even got to ride buses, as long as they sat in the back. Because our government said “those people” were not safe for the rest of us to be around, and our society stood by and let it happen. And the discrimination we perpetrated on our equals so many years ago is one of the great evils our country is still guilty of. Is that what this article, and the California SB 276 bill it’s supporting, is asking us to go back to?”Bob Sears
I would say that this is the worse thing that he has ever written, but I remember his post about how we were going to start making unvaccinated kids wear yellow stars…
This isn’t even the first time that Bob Sears has written about vaccines and discrimination.
This isn’t discrimination though.
These are the consequences of their vaccine choice. Unfortunately, it is typically the kids who get stuck with the consequences of the choices their parents make.
“We shouldn’t accept the idea that there is an ounce of discrimination when we are confronted with these bogus accounts of abuse. By conceding some degree of unfair treatment, when unwarranted, we undermine the real meaning of discrimination. Providing a soundboard to advantaged phonies who are unable to discern between a privilege and right only emboldens those at the top.”Time to Fight Fake Discrimination
It subverts the work of all of those who are trying to end true discrimination.
More On Vaccine Discrimination
- Decoding Anti-Vaccine Protests
- The Very Worst of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Do Vaccine Mandates Force Parents to Vaccinate Their Kids?
- Did Bob Sears admit that he doesn’t “waste my breath” talking about the benefits of vaccines?
- Time to Fight Fake Discrimination
- Discrimination by Type
- Ethical Issues and Vaccines
- Does society try to shame and shun vaccine refusers and the vaccine-averse?
- Cultural Perspectives on Vaccination
- Parents who won’t vaccinate their kids turning to home-schooling in California, data show
- Healthcare worker flu vaccination – examining lawsuits about the vaccine
- Dr. Bob Sears of Weekly Cover Fame Compares Anti-Vaxxers to Jews Under Nazis
- Our Military Families Deserve Better Than Dr. Bob Sears
- The Disneyland measles outbreak: “Dr. Bob” Sears says measles isn’t that bad, and an antivaccine activist invokes the Brady Bunch fallacy
- “Dr. Bob” Sears profiled: A cynical vaccine-averse pediatrician who accepts no blame for the results of his antivaccine message
- No, Dr. “Bob” Sears, you don’t represent the autistic children of California
- Cashing In On Fear: The Danger of Dr. Sears
- The war on Christians isn’t actually happening
- On Race Relations