Bob Sears doesn’t seem to like that more states are having to strengthen their vaccine laws, making it harder for kids to skip or delay their vaccines.
Are Vaccine Laws a Form of State Sponsored Segregation?
What the latest?
The idea that vaccine laws are a form of state sponsored segregation…
“If you don’t see the historical parallels, and if it doesn’t concern you that State and now Federal Legislators think that discrimination and segregation are OK again, and you don’t realize that this is all a carefully-crafted PR campaign to sell the idea that some children are dirty and dangerous, when decades ago all kids were considered equal, then you are blind.”Bob Sears
Bob Sears isn’t the first to try and conflate skipping vaccines into a civil rights issue, but he is certainly the one being the most obvious about it…
Now when were all kids really considered equal in the United States?
Was it the late 1980s, when Bob thinks everyone had it so great?
Remember, that was just before the big measles outbreaks from 1989 to 1991, when 123 people died. During those three years, there were also 28 deaths from pertussis, 6 deaths from mumps, 13 deaths from rubella and 77 cases of congenital rubella syndrome!
Life was good?
Is this the worst thing Bob has ever posted?
Well, there is that time he talked about unvaccinated kids wearing yellow stars…
“…So I tell them they don’t have to whisper. They can say it loud and clear, with confidence. Ya, I guess you don’t want to advertise it around the neighborhood – that will come soon enough. Scarlet “V” anyone? No, not scarlet. Let’s make it yellow. And not a V – a star would be better. That way everyone can know at first glance who is safe to be around and who is not. That way, if your old doctor and his children are walking down the street, they can easily identify your kids and quickly cross to the other side before they get too close.
Ask your Assemblyperson which color and shape they think would be most appropriate.
Disclaimer: This post is not intended as a reference to a holocaust. Rather, it’s intended to raise the issue of prejudice and discrimination. Others have likenend vaccine injury to a holocaust. Instead, we are talking about families who choose to not vaccinate. No holocaust here.”Dr. Bob Sears on The Vaccine Whisperers
So which historical parallel is Bob talking about this time?
And for perspective, in 1988, not only did more people get vaccine-preventable diseases, more people died with vaccine-preventable diseases.
Did we freak out about it? Of course not. We worked towards an immunization plan to control and eliminate more of these diseases.
How can Bob Sears be blind to all of this?
More on Vaccine Laws and State Sponsored Segregation
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Didn’t Everyone Die with Our 1980s Level of Vaccination Rates?
- VAXOPEDIA – Bob Sears on Hiding in the Herd
- VAXOPEDIA – Dr. Bob Puts the Nail in the Coffin of the Herd Immunity Argument
- VAXOPEDIA – Abuse of Vaccine Exemptions
- Dr. Bob Sears of Weekly Cover Fame Compares Anti-Vaxxers to Jews Under Nazis
- Immunization requirements neither discriminate nor segregate
- Vaccine mandates promote human rights by protecting children
- Anti-Vaccine Word Salad: Civil Rights and Vaccines
- Legal rights of children to vaccination
- Study – Racial/ethnic disparities in human papillomavirus vaccination initiation and completion among U.S. women in the post-Affordable Care Act era.
- Study – Race, ethnicity and income as factors for HPV vaccine acceptance and use.
- Study – Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Influenza Vaccination of Chronically Ill US Adults: The Mediating Role of Perceived Discrimination in Health Care.