Is Ellen Degeneres anti-vaccine?
No, but in paying tribute to her father, who died in 2018, some folks may have gotten that idea.
“He was 92 years old. He had a good, long life. And he lived his life exactly how he wanted. He was Christian Science his entire life. He never had medicine his whole life. He never went to a doctor. I never had a vaccination. We never had medicine growing up and he lived to be 92. He was very proud of me.”Ellen
Although Ellen did not get vaccines growing up, she is no longer a Christian Scientist and she is not anti-vaccine.
She even encourages folks to get a flu vaccine each year!
I want to make sure everyone stays healthy, so I put together a little message:
Flu season is here and it’s not to late to get a flu shot. They’re safe, easy, and they’re not scary at all.Ellen
That doesn’t sound like someone who is anti-vaccine, does it?
Ellen Degeneres on Vaccines
- Ellen Pays Tribute to Her Late Father
- Ellen DeGeneres: Relatable | Netflix Official Site
- It’s Cold and Flu Season!
- Flu Season, Round 2
- Flu Shot, Anyone?
- Bill Gates Chats with Ellen for the First Time
- Christian Science
- What religions actually state about vaccines
- Immunizations and Religion
- Cultural Perspectives on Vaccination
- Washington bills: Christian Science no longer an excuse for denying medical care
- ‘Religious’ objections to vaccinations? There really aren’t any
- The Origin and Current Status of Christian Science
- MMWR – Outbreak of Measles Among Christian Science Students — Missouri and Illinois, 1994