Have you heard of Corvelva?
Probably not, but they are getting some attention in the anti-vaccine world because they think that they have uncovered a Vaccingate!
What is Corvelva?
Specifically, they analyzed the Infranix Hexa vaccine, and instead of finding DTaP-IPV-HepB/Hib antigens, they think that they found “65 signs of chemical contaminants of which only 35% is known” and “7 chemical toxins.”
Should you be worried?
“Coming back to the two basic principles that have been our topic on this analysis path, we reaffirm what we have said in the recent interview on the scientific journal Nature: we are inquiring the vaccines efficacy and safety and we can’t quite understand how it is possible to claim that this vaccine is even able to generate the 6 protective antibodies – reason why it is designed for – and furthermore to understand how this cluster made of 6 neurotoxic antigens bound together can be claimed as not toxic for newborns.”Corvelva on Vaccingate: Initial results on Infanrix Hexa chemical composition
The Corvela Vaccingate “study” wasn’t published in a well respected peer reviewed journal. It wasn’t even published in one of the typical bottom-feeder, pay-to-publish journals that anti-vaccine researchers frequently use.
What Corvela did was more like a very poorly done science fair project by a kid who got too much help from his anti-vaccine parents.
Using the Surface Activated Chemical Ionization-Electrospray-NIST Bayesian model database search (SANIST) platform is pretty cool, to be sure. But why are we supposed to believe that their method would actually deconstruct the Infanrix Hexa vaccine? Because that’s why they were trying to do – separate out all of the combined vaccine ingredients so that they could be detected by SANIST. The combined vaccine ingredients, including one of which is an emulsifier that keeps the ingredients from separating, in a 6-in-1 combination vaccine.
So what’s more likely? That the unnamed ‘scientists’ at Corvela, which is basically an anti-vaccine website in Italy, did the experiment wrong or that the Infanrix Hexa vaccine, which is used in countries all over the world, doesn’t contain any of the antigens that it is supposed to contain?
A previous study on vaccines that they also have posted to their website and to an open peer review site was not approved, getting a lot of criticism.
Have you figured out what Corvela stands for yet?
It’s Italian for covfefe.
More on Corvelva
- Vaccine pseudoscience from Corvelva anti-vaccine “researchers”
- Italian scientists protest funding for vaccine-safety investigation
- Antonietta Gatti and Stefano Montanari: A strange antivaccine conspiracy theory from Italy
- Study – Hexavalent vaccines: increasing options for policy-makers and providers. A review of the data supporting interchangeability (substitution with vaccines containing fewer antigens) and mixed schedules from the same manufacturer.
- Study – Immunization of preterm infants with GSK’s hexavalent combined diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis-hepatitis B-inactivated poliovirus-Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine: A review of safety and immunogenicity.
- Study – A Randomized Controlled Study of a Fully Liquid DTaP-IPV-HB-PRP-T Hexavalent Vaccine for Primary and Booster Vaccinations of Healthy Infants and Toddlers in Latin America.
- Study – New perspectives for hexavalent vaccines.
- Study – Safety and immune response to a challenge dose of hepatitis B vaccine in healthy children primed 10years earlier with hexavalent vaccines in a 3, 5, 11-month schedule: An open-label, controlled, multicentre trial in Italy.
- Study – Immunogenicity and safety of primary and booster vaccination with 2 investigational formulations of diphtheria, tetanus and Haemophilus influenzae type b antigens in a hexavalent DTPa-HBV-IPV/Hib combination vaccine in comparison with the licensed Infanrix hexa.
- Study – DTaP5-IPV-Hib-HepB, a hexavalent vaccine for infants and toddlers.
- Study – A Phase III Randomized, Double-blind, Clinical Trial of an Investigational Hexavalent Vaccine Given at Two, Three, Four and Twelve Months.
Last Updated on