Why do some people think that covid-19 vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability?
The usual suspects.
Are COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturers Exempt from Liability?
Of course, these are some of the same folks who say that you can’t sue vaccine manufacturers, but turn around and announce that they are suing vaccine manufacturers.
Folks who have simply moved from pushing misinformation and propaganda about vaccines on Facebook, to posting it on signs.
Of course, you can see that it is so much more dangerous when their signs are on a highway overpass, creating a distraction for already overly distracted drivers.
“Signs and overhead banners not placed by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) are normally considered encroachments on the state right-of-way…”TxDOT Sign Guidelines and Applications Manual
Not to mention illegal!
The PREP Act and COVID-19 Vaccines
So are COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers exempt from liability?
Since 2005, the PREP Act has allowed the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to issue declarations to provide liability immunity to certain individuals and entities during pandemics and epidemics, including the H1N1 pandemic in 2009, the Ebola virus outbreaks of 2014, Zika outbreaks, and when we needed countermeasures against nerve agents, botulism, smallpox and anthrax.
The PREP Act does not exempt vaccine manufacturers from all liability though.
“COVID-19 vaccines are covered countermeasures under the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP), not the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).”Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP)
And claims that are covered by the PREP Act are handled by HRSA’s Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP).
More on COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturer Liability
- About Those Lawsuits That Almost Put Vaccine Manufacturers out of Business
- COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Beware of Folks Pushing the Idea That COVID-19 Vaccine Trials Will Fail from the Start
- Would Most People Say No to a COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Reasons to Be Confident in a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Will COVID-19 Vaccines Be Mandatory?
- QAnon Vaccine Conspiracy Theories
- 7 Things to Know About COVID-19
- No-Fault Compensation for Vaccine Injury — The Other Side of Equitable Access to Covid-19 Vaccines
- PREP Act Declarations
- Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act
- The Public Readiness and Preparedness Act (PREP): What you need to know
- Are There Any Limitations on Immunity from Liability?
- Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP)
- Comparison of Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP) to the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP)
- Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP) Data
- Did ‘Head of Pfizer Research’ Say COVID-19 Vaccine ‘Is Female Sterilization’?
- Fact Check: Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate Does NOT Contain Nanoparticles Never Used Before In Vaccines; Ingredients Are NOT Lethal
- Experts refute false claim that Covid-19 vaccine can ‘manipulate’ human genes
3 thoughts on “Are COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturers Exempt from Liability?”
would appreciate if the sources get cited. Managed to find the one about CICP, but the Minnesota Department of Health one looks a bit old, and makes me wonder if that’s just for Minnesota. Thank you
Pingback: Alternative COVID Vaccine Facts - VAXOPEDIA
Pingback: Off-Label Use of COVID Vaccines for Kids - VAXOPEDIA