How Do Anti-Vaccine Folks Respond to New Information?
While some do change their mind, even before they are faced with an outbreak or their child getting sick, the biggest reason that others don’t is that they are stuck in an echo-chamber of like-minded folks.
This discussion is a good example of how this works.
The original poster wasn’t aware that measles was on the rise all over the world and that people are dying.
So do they understand that reason behind the deaths is because those folks were unvaccinated?
It is anything and everything except that they weren’t vaccinated!
And that they aren’t in America!
So what’s wrong with their thinking?
To start, these countries aren’t underdeveloped!
Brazil and the Philippines are newly industrialized countries and while Ukraine is considered a developing country, it is hardly the developing country without sanitation and nutrition that these folks make it out to be.
The problem in all of these countries isn’t a lack of nutrition, clean water, or health care. It is that too many folks are unvaccinated!
That becomes easier to see when you look at where else we are seeing a lot of measles deaths – the rest of Europe.
In the past 12 months, there have been 22 deaths from measles in Romania, Italy, France, and Greece.
Are folks in Italy suffering from malnutrition? Do they not have clean water?
Although Romania is a developing country, it isn’t a lack of clean water and sanitation that is causing measles deaths. It is that too many people in Romania are unvaccinated!
And too many people are listening to anti-vaccine propaganda.
More on How Anti-Vaccine Folks Respond to New Information
- VAXOPEDIA – 10 Reasons You Aren’t Vaccinating Your Kids
- VAXOPEDIA – When Was the Last Measles Death in the United States?
- VAXOPEDIA – More About Measles Deaths in the United States
- VAXOPEDIA – Who Dies with Measles?
- VAXOPEDIA – But Did Anyone Die?
- VAXOPEDIA – Did the Measles Vaccine Have Only a Meager Effect on Deaths
- VAXOPEDIA – Did Better Hygiene and Sanitation Get Rid of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases?
- ECDC – Monthly measles and rubella monitoring report, May 2019
- Italy – Measles & Rubella News: the measles-rubella integrated surveillance bulletin
- How to stop the outbreak of measles in Ukraine
- The Story Behind The Worst Measles Outbreak In The European Union
- UNICEF-WHO Philippines: Measles Outbreak, Situation Report 10, 1 May 2019
- The intellectual dishonesty of the “vaccines didn’t save us” gambit
- Vaccines saved lives – scientific evidence
- WHO – Vaccination greatly reduces disease, disability, death and inequity worldwide
Last Updated on