If you spend a little time trying to talk about vaccines with someone who has decided to intentionally leave their kids unvaccinated and unprotected, it soon becomes obvious that their decision isn’t based on sound reasoning.
One idea that they have an especially hard time understanding is that children and adults who are intentionally unvaccinated are the ones who start most outbreaks.
How can they get others sick if they aren’t sick?
Well, they can’t, if they never get sick. But since they are unvaccinated and not immune, they are at increased risk to get sick.
It’s just like with the cookies… If you never, ever have or make cookies, then you can’t give us any cookies.
On the other hand, if you don’t have any cookies, but someone brings you all of the ingredients to make the best chocolate chip cookies ever, then you can bake up some cookies for us.
Just like measles.
More on Cookies and Measles
- VAXOPEDIA – How Can the Unvaccinated Spread Diseases They Don’t Have?
- VAXOPEDIA – Who Is at Risk If You Don’t Vaccinate Your Kids?
- VAXOPEDIA – What Shots Do You Need to Be Around a Newborn?
- To the Parent of the Unvaccinated Child Who Exposed my Family to Measles
- If You Choose Not to Vaccinate Your Child, Understand the Risks and Responsibilities
- The Rights of the Unvaccinated Child
Last Updated on