Bob Sears wasn’t a fan of SB 277, the vaccine law that removed non-medical exemptions in California.
Not surprisingly, he is actively rallying folks against a new bill that would close a loophole in that law. It seems that some doctors were writing medical exemptions for anything and everything, from eczema to swollen lymph nodes.
Of course, the new law wouldn’t take away medical exemptions. It would just take away fake medical exemptions.
Yes, take a long hard look at their list…
A very few actually are actually standard contraindications and precautions to commonly used vaccines, so could likely get you a medical exemption to one or more vaccines. GBS within 6 weeks of a flu shot, a precaution, not a contraindication, would be an example. But even in this case, the exemption would be for flu shots, not all vaccines.
“Events or conditions listed as precautions should be reviewed carefully. Benefits of and risks for administering a specific vaccine to a person under these circumstances should be considered. If the risk from the vaccine is believed to outweigh the benefit, the vaccine should not be administered. If the benefit of vaccination is believed to outweigh the risk, the vaccine should be administered. “Vaccine Recommendations and Guidelines of the ACIP
What about all of the rest of the diseases or “severe reactions” on Bob’s list, like pneumonia, palpitations, eczema, hair loss, IBD, difficulty swallowing, skin infections, testicular pain, HSP, Multiple Sclerosis, and Kawasaki disease, etc.
These are not vaccine injuries, even though they are sometimes in a package insert. I’m surprised that he didn’t list SIDS and autism too…
And this is why California needs to fix their vaccine law… Folks, including pediatricians, pushing the idea that everything is a vaccine injury.
More on Bob Sears and California Vaccine Laws
- Vaccine medical exemptions – California legislature aims to curb abuse
- Dr. Richard Pan Introduces SB 276 to Combat Fake Medical Exemptions that Put Children and Communities at Risk
- VAXOPEDIA – How Is California’s New Vaccine Law Working?
- VAXOPEDIA – A Legislative Guide to Advocating for Stronger Vaccine Laws
- VAXOPEDIA – Do Vaccine Mandates Force Parents to Vaccinate Their Kids?
- VAXOPEDIA – Abuse of Vaccine Exemptions
- VAXOPEDIA – New Vaccine Bills and Laws in 2019
- VAXOPEDIA – How Are Australia’s New Vaccine Laws Working?
- VAXOPEDIA – The Moral Responsibility of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Are We Worried About 60,000 Unvaccinated Kids?
- VAXOPEDIA – Why Are We Having Measles Outbreaks If MMR Vaccination Rates Are Not Declining?
- VAXOPEDIA – How to Claim a Vaccine Exemption
- VAXOPEDIA – Who was Betty Bumpers?
- VAXOPEDIA – Anti-Vaccine Points Refuted A Thousand Times
- ACIP – Contraindications and Precautions
- CDC – Who Should NOT Get Vaccinated with these Vaccines?
- CDC – Improving Vaccination Coverage Fact Sheet
- AAP – Medical Versus Nonmedical Immunization Exemptions for Child Care and School Attendance
- State Vaccine Laws
- Study – Immunization Mandates, Vaccination Coverage, and Exemption Rates in the United States
- California Immunization Exemption Legislation
- Vaccine legislation in the USA – a state by state analysis
- Ouch! – Now that didn’t hurt: The Implementation of the Vaccination Bill SB 277 in Orange County
- California SB 277: New evidence that restricting nonmedical exemptions to school vaccine requirements works
- Why You Shouldn’t Shop for Medical Exemptions
- Study Examines Fallout of California Vaccine Exemption Law
- California vaccination rates – record high thanks to SB277
- Study – Experiences With Medical Exemptions After a Change in Vaccine Exemption Policy in California
- Anti-vax doctors are granting bogus vaccine exemptions. How to make them think twice.
- Vaccination rate jumps in California after tougher inoculation law
- After a Debacle, How California Became a Role Model on Measles
- Pushback against immunization laws leaves some California schools vulnerable to outbreaks
- There is a Whole Cottage Industry of Doctors Helping Parents Skip Their Kids’ Vaccines
- More people left California in 2017 than moved here. Who they are and where they went
- Exemption Abuse – Too many kindergarteners aren’t getting vaccinated.
- Eliminating Personal Belief Exemptions for Vaccines
- Laws Limiting Vaccine Exemptions Work
- The problem of nonmedical exemptions to school vaccine mandates
2 thoughts on “Bob Sears Doubles Down Against California Vaccine Laws”
If there is no exemption for religious beliefs or just because “I don’t believe in vaccines” then you have a tyranny who is violating the Nuremberg code and the Geneva Accords which ban using uninformed and unwilling people as guinea pigs for testing experimental and dangerous drugs.
Who is going to make the claim that the ends justify the means and that the deaths along the way were for the greater good? Anyone who does may be the next Josef Mengele.
… You are aware that vaccines are tested on willing subjects before being put on the market, right ?
Do try to use this cliché argument in international courts, by all means.