Update: the medical examiner has ruled that Senator José Peralta, of Queens, passed away from natural causes, complications of acute promyelocytic leukemia.
Anti-vaccine folks are heavily pushing the idea that José Peralta, a New York State Senator, died as the result of getting a flu shot.
While Senator Peralta did die several days after getting a flu shot, it appears that he had already been sick for several weeks. And no, that doesn’t mean that the flu shot made him even sicker.
“The senator would be disappointed to find that conspiracy theorists are using his death to forward their agenda by misrepresenting the facts.”Chris Sosa on No Evidence New York Legislator Died from Flu Shot
New York State Sen. José Peralta had reportedly just gotten his flu shot at a public event, where he was encouraging others in his community to get protected with free flu shots.
And while he did die about four days later, there is absolutely no reason to think that his getting a flu shot was connected to his death.
Of course, this is the method of operation of the modern anti-vaccine movement. They make folks think that anything and everything is a vaccine injury and they actually go out of their way to exploit people who have died.
There is no evidence that New York State Senator Jose Peralta died from getting a flu shot.
In fact, the medical examiner has ruled that he had acute promyelocytic leukemia when he died.
More on Flu Shot Propaganda
- New York State Senator Jose Peralta died of leukemia, medical examiner rules
- NY state senator’s death attributed to undiagnosed leukemia
- Sen. José Peralta definitely did not die because of the flu vaccine
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia
- FACT CHECK – No Evidence New York Legislator Died from Flu Shot
- José Peralta, First Dominican-American Elected to New York State Senate, Dies at 47
- State Sen. Jose Peralta Remembered as a Family Man, Immigrants’ Advocate at Funeral Service
- Flags lowered in tribute to NY state Sen. Jose Peralta after unexpected death
- Properly evaluating vaccine mortality – let’s not abuse VAERS
- Study – Deaths following vaccination: What does the evidence show?
- Study – Deaths Reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, United States, 1997-2013.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci: Risks From Vaccines Are “Almost Nonmeasurable”
- AAP – Unvaccinated Children Accounted for Majority of Pediatric Flu Deaths from 2010-2014
Updated January 16, 2019