It is certainly possible to do reliable research on the Internet.
That’s not what being a graduate of Google University is about though.
Jenny McCarthy made the phrase famous when she told Oprah that:
The University of Google is where I got my degree from.
It’s even a chapter title in her book about “healing autism.”
Like Jenny McCarthy, most people who go to Google University for their research about vaccines choose “to accept only information that supports his or her position, and ignores or dismisses information in conflict with it.”
They also likely think that a few hours browsing web sites on Google makes them an expert on a complex topic, like vaccines.
For more information:
- Your physician knows more than the University of Google
- How to flunk out of the University of Google
- The Google University Effect
- One hour of research on Google –obviously all science is wrong
- How to Do Research About Vaccines on the Internet
Last Updated on