Jenny “I am not anti-vaccine” McCarthy and her positions on vaccines are very clear to everyone, except maybe herself.
How can she say that she is not anti-vaccine when she has said that:
It’s not my fault. The reason why they’re not vaccinating is because the vaccines are not safe. Make a better product and then parents will vaccinate.
That was on the Larry King Show in 2009.
Of course, during appearances on Oprah and other shows, she has said many other dangerous things that make her sound anti-vaccine.
But it is important to note that some think that her promotion of unproven and dangerous, quack biomed “treatments” for autism are even worse than the way she has scared people away from vaccines.
For more information:
- A Jenny McCarthy Reader, Pt. 1: The birth of a star and an embrace of crystal children
- A Jenny McCarthy Reader, Pt. 2: Jenny brings her anti-vaccine views to Oprah
- A Jenny McCarthy reader, Pt. 3: Jenny legitimizes the scientific fringe
- A Jenny McCarthy reader, Pt. 4: The real dangers in following Jenny’s advice
- Encyclopedia of American Loons: #262: Jenny McCarthy
- Jenny McCarthy says she thinks in shades of gray about vaccines
- Jenny McCarthy lies about vaccines. Surprise.
- Jenny McCarthy
- Thanks, Jenny McCarthy ! Thanks for the measles!
- Jenny McCarthy : Still an Anti-Vaccine Activist
- Oprah and Jenny McCarthy : A woo too far
- The View Just Got A Little More Indigo Child
- The “ Jenny McCarthy effect”: More credulity towards autism quackery
- Infiltrating the AutismOne Conference
- 11 Things That Jenny McCarthy Has Said About Vaccines
- New Report Says: Jenny McCarthy’s Son May Not Have Had Autism After All