Does the “Vaccine Bill of Rights” have to do with a child’s right to get vaccinated and protected and the right for all of us to live free of vaccine preventable diseases?
“That’s why, on March 2, he was one of the sponsors of South Carolina’s “Vaccine Bill of Rights,” a resolution stuffed with misinformation and conspiratorial language based on model legislation from a medical fringe group that’s become notorious in recent months.”Anti-Vax Activists Are Quietly Bending State Politics To Their Will
Unfortunately, it doesn’t…
What are the Vaccine Bill of Rights?
Instead, the “Vaccine Bill of Rights” are bills filled with ideas from America’s Frontline Doctors (the AFLDS are a fringe group that pushes conspiracy theories about COVID-19) which are being introduced by Republican lawmakers in a handful of states.
One of the latest, in South Carolina, includes six provisions, including that:
- No persons will be mandated, coerced, forced, or pressured to take an experimental or “investigational” medication.
- No physician or nurse shall be asked by an employer to promote a COVID-19 vaccine.
- All persons reserve the right, at all times, to determine what is in their own best medical interest without threat to their livelihood or freedom of movement.
- All persons must be given access to independent information to help them determine what is in their own best medical interest, including the risk of death based upon age/condition from contracting COVID-19 naturally. This must include information from sources that are independent of a conflict of interest. For example, pharmaceutical companies have an inherent conflict of interest, as do governmental or quasi-governmental institutions. Such information can be included but cannot be the sole source of information.
- The frail elderly are additionally entitled to a knowledgeable, independent advocate with medical training to help them determine their own medical interest.
- Private businesses operating within the jurisdiction have no legal authority to require or mandate or coerce medication or experimental medication for any persons.
Provisions that come straight from the AFLD!
Provisions that will make it harder to control and end the COVID-19 pandemic!
For example, why would you want to pass a law that would keep health care providers from encouraging their patients to get vaccinated and protected against COVID-19?!?
Mostly, you have to wonder why they are wasting time on these “memorials,” as they are not legally binding and the United States Congress can’t actually do the things they are calling on them to do!
“That the members of the South Carolina General Assembly, by this resolution, memorialize the United States Congress to enact a Vaccine Bill of Rights for the purposes of defending the constitutional liberties of its citizens, promoting sound science, and outlining a framework of best practices for state authorities and federal regulators to develop in this evolving phase of experimental vaccine administration and implementation.”South Carolina H. 3988
These bills are basically just theater from anti-vaccine folks to scare people away from getting vaccinated and protected with talk of experimental vaccines, forced vaccination, and the Nuremberg Code…
And while these bills talk about how “the public is entitled to receive unbiased, transparent, easily accessible medical information related to all vaccines from their public health officials,” the folks pushing these bills give them the opposite.
“Yet despite lobbying from anti-vaccine groups, often known as anti-vaxxers, the employer mandate bills are unlikely to pass, experts say. That’s because the proposals threaten employers’ legal obligation to maintain a safe workplace and could put the lives of workers, customers and patients at risk.”Bills to Block Mandatory Worker Vaccines Falter in the States
Tell your state legislators that you don’t appreciate that they are allowing anti-vaccine organizations write laws for them, especially laws that will put your family’s life at risk.
More on the Vaccine Bill of Rights
- An Act Relating to Misinformed Consent to Immunizations for Children
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Are New Federal Vaccine Laws Coming?
- Why Did Anti-Vaccine Folks Applaud Rand Paul’s Testimony at the Senate Health Committee Hearing on Vaccines and Outbreaks?
- Who Benefits from Stronger Vaccine Laws?
- A Legislative Guide to Advocating for Stronger Vaccine Laws
- A Guide to Evaluating Vaccine Information for Legislators
- Who Are the Real COVID-19 Experts?
- H. 3988
- Anti-Vax Activists Are Quietly Bending State Politics To Their Will
- Can Employers Mandate a Vaccine Under Emergency Use Authorization?
- Employer-Mandated Vaccination for COVID-19
- Can employers make COVID-19 vaccination mandatory?
- Can COVID-19 Vaccines Be Mandatory in the U.S. and Who Decides?
- Is Mandatory Vaccination Legal in Time of Epidemic?
- Bills to Block Mandatory Worker Vaccines Falter in the States
- State-mandated COVID-19 vaccination is constitutional