We know that aluminum is the new focus of folks who try to scare parents away from vaccinating and protecting their kids.
What are they talking about now?
Metabolic exposure, rates of absorption, and injected aluminum.
Even fellow anti-vaccine folks don’t really understand what he is talking about, but they are ready to eat it up, as it reflects their world view that vaccines are dangerous.
Is 100% of Injected Aluminum Absorbed?
So is all injected aluminum absorbed, as James Lyons-Weiler suggests in his promotional flyer?
Well, it’s going to be initially absorbed somewhere after the vaccine is injected, but not in the way anti-vaccine folks make you think.
It is not all absorbed into our blood right away! Part of the reason that adjuvants work might be because they act as a depot, allowing the vaccine antigens to remain at the injection site for a longer time to stimulate a good immune response.
“We were reassured to find no significant postvaccine rise in serum aluminum level after vaccination of preterm infants with vaccines containing a total of 1200 µg of aluminum.”Movsas et al on Effect of Routine Vaccination on Aluminum and Essential Element Levels in Preterm Infants
Remember, vaccines are not injected into our bloodstreams and the aluminum in vaccines, in the form of aluminum salts, is not soluble. That means that they don’t dissolve in liquids, but instead need to be metabolized first.
But then 100% gets absorbed?
It is estimated that only about 17% of the injected aluminum, in the form of aluminum hydroxide, gets absorbed into the bloodstream.
Finally, after being initially injected, metabolized, and absorbed, most of the aluminum in vaccines is eliminated.
How is it eliminated?
Most of it is excreted in our urine.
Is there anything scary about all of that?
More on Absorption of Aluminum in Vaccines
- How Aluminum Became the New Thimerosal
- Ingested vs. Injected Vaccine Myths
- Does the Vitamin K Shot Contain 100mcg of Aluminum?
- Which Vaccines Contain Heavy Metals?
- Who Is Romain Gherardi
- Study – Infants’ exposure to aluminum from vaccines and breast milk during the first 6 months.
- FDA – Study Reports Aluminum in Vaccines Poses Extremely Low Risk to Infants
- Study – Updated aluminum pharmacokinetics following infant exposures through diet and vaccination.
- Study – Aluminum toxicokinetics regarding infant diet and vaccinations.
- Study – Cumulative and episodic vaccine aluminum exposure in a population-based cohort of young children.
- Study – Adverse events after immunisation with aluminium-containing DTP vaccines: systematic review of the evidence.
- Study – Effect of Routine Vaccination on Aluminum and Essential Element Levels in Preterm Infants
- Study – Human metabolism of aluminium-26 and gallium-67 injected as citrates.
- Study – Blood and Hair Aluminum Levels, Vaccine History, and Early Infant Development: A Cross-Sectional Study.
- Study – Association of subcutaneous allergen-specific immunotherapy with incidence of autoimmune disease, ischemic heart disease, and mortality.
- Aluminum toxicity in vaccines – here we go again with bad science
- Talking about Vaccines: Adjuvants and Ingredients
- Does a recent paper by Shaw really show aluminum adjuvants cause autism?
- Is the aluminium in vaccines a dangerous amount? Is it toxic?
- Aluminum adjuvants in vaccines and the blood-brain barrier. Removing the facts from the fiction, the good science from the junk science.
- Aluminum in Vaccines: A Re[Al]ity Check
- What we’re up against: Aluminum as the new mercury and end of expertise