Was the Measles Outbreak in Michigan Caused by Vaccine-Strain Measles?
What is it this time?
Causing an outbreak?!?
Since a vaccine-strain has never triggered an outbreak before, you would think these folks would be a little more skeptical about this “news.”
So what’s the real story?
“The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) is reducing the statewide count of measles for 2019 to 39 following further testing of two of the cases.”State measles cases reduced to 39 following additional testing
So there is a hint of truth to their new rumor…
“One child in Washtenaw County had been potentially exposed to measles and that child, along with an Oakland County child, had both been recently vaccinated. Their symptoms and initial test results classified them as measles cases. Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) protocol, additional genotype testing was conducted and determined they were not measles cases. “State measles cases reduced to 39 following additional testing
On further testing though, they didn’t have wild strain measles. They had a vaccine strain – because they had recently been vaccinated.
These two kids likely had a fever and rash and because they had recently been exposed to measles, it was initially assumed that they had measles. That was likely a safe bet in the middle of a large measles outbreak.
So they didn’t have measles induced by the vaccine. They had a simple vaccine reaction, with a fever and rash.
What’s the difference? All of the other symptoms of measles!
More on the Michigan Measles Outbreak
- Choose to Stop Spreading Anti-Vaccine Propaganda
- More Questions to Help You Become a Vaccine Skeptic
- Is a Vaccine Strain Causing The Latest Measles Outbreak?
- Can MMR Shedding Start a Measles Outbreak?
- Who Is ‘Patient Zero’ in the 2019 Measles Outbreaks?
- More Measles Myths
- State measles cases reduced to 39 following additional testing
- Additional measles case added in Oakland County, state count at 43
- 2019 Michigan Measles Outbreak Information
- Michigan’s measles count down to 39 after 2 false-positive cases reported
- Anti-vaccine James Lyons-Weiler writes about aluminum and autism
- James Lyons-Weiler and Leslie Manookian are still battling for the title of Most Antivaccine Crank
Last Updated on