The Children’s Medical Safety Research Institute (CMSRI) was created by and is funded by the Dwoskin Family Foundation.
It provides grants to folks who will do research on “vaccine induced brain and immune dysfunction” and on what they believe are other “gaps in our knowledge about vaccines and vaccine safety”, including:
- vaccine additives, from aluminum adjuvants and mercury preservatives to other “toxins,” like formaldehyde, sodium borate, polysorbate 80, plus foreign proteins from the culture medium such as chicken embryos, monkey kidneys, cells from aborted fetal tissue, and viral DNA, etc.
- what they think is bias in the reporting of vaccine risks and benefits
- novel vaccine-associated autoimmune diseases, like ASIA syndrome and Macrophage Myofasciitis Syndrome
While they claim that they are not an anti-vaccine organization, it should be noted that Claire Dwoskin once said that “Vaccines are a holocaust of poison on our children’s brains and immune systems.”
And while most folks talk about the many benefits of vaccines, in fact calling vaccines one of the greatest public health achievements of the 20th Century, Claire Dwoskin thinks that CMSRI funded research proves the “costs for harm caused” by vaccines and that her organization needs to raise “public awareness about the true cost of vaccines” to change “attitudes about vaccine safety.”
CMSRI Funded Scientists
The Children’s Medical Safety Research Institute funds the work of many scientists whose work is used by the anti-vaccine movement to help push misinformation about vaccines:
- Dr. Yehuda Shoenfeld – an immunologist, he now heads the Zabludowicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases, and claims to have discovered a novel vaccine-associated autoimmune disease
- Dr. Christopher Shaw – a neuroscientist in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the University of British Columbia, his focus is on the ALS-parkinsonism dementia complex and also on the role of aluminum as a neurotoxin
- Dr. Christopher Exley – a Professor in Bioinorganic Chemistry at The Birchall Centre, Keele University in Staffordshire, England and Honorary Professor at the University of the Highland and Islands in Scotland, he publishes a lot of papers about aluminum.
- Dr. Lucija Tomljenovic – a post doctoral research fellow that works in Dr. Shaw’s lab in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the University of British Columbia
- Dr. Anthony Mawson – an epidemiologist, he is a visiting professor at the Jackson State University School of Public Health and has “special interests in the evolutionary-adaptive origins of health disparities, the perinatal origins of chronic diseases, and the role of psychosocial factors in health and disease”
- Dr. Martha Herbert – a pediatric neurologist, she was once an assistant professor of neurology at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital (maybe she still is, but she isn’t listed on their websites and no good response from either institution about her status), and has written a book about biomedical treatments for autism
- Dr. Stephanie Seneff – a Senior Research Scientist at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, she does research to try and show that glyphosate (Roundup) causes modern day diseases, such as Alzheimers and autism
- David A. Geier and Dr. Mark R. Geier – have long misused the VAERS database to try and show that thimerosal in vaccines causes autism
- Brian Hooker – most well known for secretly taping CDC Whistleblower and his retracted papers, he also does research with the Geiers for the CMSRI
Have these scientists changed any attitudes about vaccine safety? Certainly not among those who have really done their research about vaccines, but their studies do seem to throw fuel on whatever fire there is in the anti-vaccine movement.
It should be clear why few people take the work of these scientists seriously.
“At present, there is no evidence to suggest that ASIA syndrome is a viable explanation for unusual autoimmune diseases.”
David Hawkes Revisiting adverse reactions to vaccines
While some of their studies have been retracted, others have been published in what experts describe as predatory open access journals, have been published in journals on which the researchers may sit on the journal’s editorial board, a potential conflict of interest, or are simply poorly done.
You seem to hear the term “junk science” a lot when folks review their studies…
Most recently, the quickly retracted study on the health status of vaccinated vs unvaccinated homeschoolers, was partly funded by the CMSRI.
Many of the scientists have also been involved in lawsuits involving vaccines, sometimes testifying about the very cases that they write about in their papers!
Other CMSRI Activities
The Dwoskin Family also helps support its scientists and their work by sponsoring a number of “vaccine safety conferences,” including the:
- 2011 Vaccine Safety Conference in Jamaica that featured Andrew Wakefield
- 2012 2nd International Symposium on Vaccines
- 2013 3nd International Symposium on Vaccines
- 2016 4nd International Symposium on Vaccines
And they provided the funding for the Greater Good movie, which has been described as “Pure, unadulterated anti-vaccine propaganda masquerading as a “balanced” documentary”.
What to Know About the Children’s Medical Safety Research Institute
The Children’s Medical Safety Research Institute, through the Dwoskin Family Foundation, funds the work of many scientists that are said to be anti-vaccine, which can then used by the anti-vaccine movement to scare parents away from vaccinating and protecting their kids.
More About the Children’s Medical Safety Research Institute
- A Snapshot of the Deep Pockets of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Here’s the Money Behind the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- CNN: The money behind the vaccine skeptics
- Undisclosed Conflicts of Interest in Vaccine Research
- The 2011 “Vaccine Safety Conference” in Jamaica
- Methodology of paper linking vaccine to behavioral issues “seriously flawed,” says retraction
- Junk Science? Number 47: British Health System covers up vaccine dangers
- Christopher Exley: Using bad science to demonize aluminum adjuvants in vaccines
- Review – Revisiting adverse reactions to vaccines: A critical appraisal of Autoimmune Syndrome Induced by Adjuvants (ASIA)
- Editorial – A case of junk science, conflict and hype
- Junk Science and the Anti-Vaccine Fraud
- Stephanie Seneff: Following the Geiers dumpster-diving in the VAERS database
- Another anti-vaccine article – bad journal, bad data
- Dr. Mark Hyman mangles autism science on–where else?–The Huffington Post
- Can Children with Autism Recover? If So, How?
- Not all scientific articles are equal in science
- Are there 131 Papers That Support Vaccine/Autism Causation?
- Lancet editor “regrets” research claims which caused worldwide vaccine crisis
8 thoughts on “What is the Children’s Medical Safety Research Institute?”
Thank you for that clear run-down of this organization
Thank you for allowing the medical mafia to continue their genocide and experiments on the American people. You stupid useless eater
Show us the science demonstrating the safety and effectiveness of vaccines. (studies not funded by the industry that profits on the sale of vaccines)
I’m not sure why this page needs to convince us that vaccine safety studies are the same as a mythical anti-vax movement.
We know that vaccines are unsafe, it is a good idea to make them safe. Dr. Christopher Exley says that he cannot get any samples of the Aluminium Gardisil adjuvant from Merck. So how can Merck’s research into adjuvant safety be considered peer reviewed? If scientists cannot repeat the study then it’s not science.
There is nothing wrong in understanding the science that may protect certain at risk individuals. We know that certain individuals are at risk from vaccine adjuvants, we need to know what the exact science is so that we can find alternatives for those people.
Pretending that vaccines are safe for all, simply to push the theory that all people should be vaccinated for the greater good is dangerous and based on the questionable premise that vaccines improve the general health of the population. Only people that are concerned about vaccine safety are asking for the CDC to do the study on existing metadata to compare the general health outcomes of vaccinated versus unvaccinated people. Why aren’t zealous pro vaxxers also asking for this study?
I’ve got 2 years of researching into this vaccine debate. What I discovered is shocking:
1. In 2004, the CDC’s senior scientist, Dr. William Thompson admitted the CDC hid data linking the MMR vaccine to autism.
2. Health & Human Services involved in lawsuit because they failed to comply with federal vaccine safety mandates.
3. Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) has paid out over $3 billion to those injured and/or killed by a vaccine.
This is all I need to know. Why is this not enough to open everyone else’s eyes? Why is this information being censored? Where are the studies to show these vaccines are safe being given in combination with other vaccines?????? What happened to real journalism? This article isn’t worthy
nigga you “researched” 2 years and you only found out 3 things?
Thompson’s claim was that a post-hoc analysis of a small subgroup found that afro-american boys under 3 had an increased risk of autism. The problem was: a. that the sample was too small to reach any valid conclusion, a change in the status of only a few kids would have changed the results; b. post-hoc subgroup analyses are used to generate hypotheses for future research; c. Thompson stood by the major findings of the study, namely, that there was NO association between the MMR and any other group, so, even if one were to accept the subgroup analysis, people should be relieved to know that MMR not associated with autism and, at best, we should delay the MMR only in afro-american boys under 3. Just because there is a lawsuit doesn’t mean HHS didn’t comply. Wow, does this mean we should accept automatically the claims of any lawsuit? Guess we don’t need courts, etc. As for $3 billion paid out by Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, that is over more than 30 years, with an average of around dozen cases per year, so payout average of around $1 million per case (life-time costs for disability). Compare this with well over 100 million vaccinations given during this time period and, thus, the risk from a vaccine injury based on the Vaccine Court is minuscule. Compare this with, for instance, during 1950s, just measles per year led to almost 50,000 hospitalizations, 1,000 cases of encephalitis resulting in permanent disabilities, e.g., mental retardation, deafness, etc., and around 500 deaths when we had half our current population and measles just as contagious as then, and less than 50 Vaccine Court awarded cases over more than 30 years attests to the safety of vaccines by a huge margin, that is, the risks from the natural diseases far far greater than from vaccines.
Vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Antivaxxers continuously claim that placebo controlled double-blind clinical trials have not been carried out on vaccines, totally wrong. However, it would be impossible to conduct a placebo controlled double-blinded trial of vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Why? The vast majority of Americans believe in vaccines and would not allow their children to risk not receiving a vaccine, only a placebo. Unvaccinated kids represent a small percentage of our population, a percentage that differs on several keys variables that could affect outcome: 1. mainly white (thus genetics); 2. mainly educated middle class; 3. prenatal and perinatal care; 4. environment, including exposure to toxins and pollutants; 5. nutrition and a number of others. So, one would only be able to compare non-vaccinated to vaccinated, not randomize, not use a placebo. And it is hypocritical of antivaxxers to falsely criticize vaccines for not being based on placebo controlled double blinded randomized clinical trials and then carry out, as they have done, observational studies, and continuously call for them.There have been a half-dozen studies comparing the two groups. I won’t bother to enumerate. Search this page and others.
Finally, how would one explain, for instance, going from 500,000 cases of measles per year, 50,000 hospitalizations, etc. vs fewer and fewer after introduction of vaccine in 1963? How would one explain same with polio? How would one explain disappearance of smallpox, estimated to have killed around 300 million during 20th Century, especially tracking its disappearance as vaccine campaign went from Third World nation to Third World nation. Certainly not change in nutrition, housing, sanitation, hygiene, or sudden genetic changes in poorest of nations. Only reasonable explanation, the vaccine!