Ari Brown, MD is a pediatrician in Austin, Texas who is the author of the popular 411 series of parenting books.
“When a well-meaning parent like Jenny McCarthy blames vaccines for her child’s autism, placing the fear of God into every parent who has a baby, it’s not only irresponsible – it’s dangerous. Why? It’s simple math: vaccines are less effective when large numbers of parents opt out. And the more who opt out, the less protected ALL our children are.
Celebrity books come and go, but the anxiety they create lives on in pediatricians’ offices across the country. A small, but growing number of parents are even lying about their religious beliefs to avoid having their children vaccinated, thanks in part to the media hysteria created by this book.”Ari Brown
The full Letter from Dr Brown called out The New McCarthyism and “all the medical inaccuracies of her book.”
More on Ari Brown
- Celebrities Who Advocate For Vaccines
- Vaccine Tweets to Remember
- Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Immunizations
- Clear Answers and Smart Advice About Your Baby’s Shots
- Vaccines and Autism
- Sound Advice on Vaccines from Ari Brown
- Dr. Ari Brown Comments As Panelist on Dr. Oz Show
- A Jenny McCarthy Reader, Pt. 2: Jenny brings her anti-vaccine views to Oprah
- Oprah and Jenny McCarthy : A woo too far
- Jenny McCarthy lies about vaccines. Surprise.
- Measles are back but where is Jenny McCarthy?
- Ethics and the ‘ Oprah effect’. – Adventures in Ethics and Science
- After Jenny and Oprah
Last Updated on