Del Bigtree responded predictably to John Rushing’s report, The Viral Threat: Measles and Misinformation.
Del, who produced VAXXED, complains that it was a one-sided hit piece. And implies that his interview was the result of editing.
Behind the Scenes with Del Bigtree
Del was given a lot more than just a words in the final edit.
For example, when given an opportunity, Del doesn’t explain his own conflict of interests because he doesn’t seem understand them.
“I’m simply finding the information as I find it.”Del Bigtree
And if you notice, there are no cuts in Del Bigtree’s scenes.
John Rushing: The numbers the way you’re using them though, it implicitly warns against using them that way.
Del Bigtree: Yeah. Yes.
John Rushing: You’re saying that there are 412 deaths last year.
Del Bigtree: I – no. What I’m saying is
there’s412 reported deaths. I never said there were 412 confirmed deaths reported.
John Rushing: So, so some of those causes of death on VAERS
Del Bigtree: Yeah.
John Rushing: one was
Del Bigtree: Sure.
John Rushing: One was from co-sleeping. One was from a pre-existing heart condition. There’s no – because
a deathis reported in VAERS – there’s no way to show causation to the vaccine.
Del Bigtree: Okay.
John Rushing: But in watching your speech and watching your show – man, you would come away thinking 400 people died from vaccines last year.
Del Bigtree: Okay.
John Rushing: And then I can start to see
Del Bigtree: Okay.
John Rushing: where they get the number. And then I go to the source and the source says “don’t use the number that way.”The Viral Threat: Measles and Misinformation
Del wants you to think that he had a lot more to say in those scenes, things that were edited out, but Rushing didn’t cut away.
Del knows that the deaths in VAERS aren’t confirmed vaccine deaths, even though he never says that on his show. But if he explained that, he wouldn’t be able to scare people with “vaccine deaths” anymore.
Del Bigtree’s Caught on Tape Claim
There is also no “big reveal” as the HIGHWIRE cameras kept rolling, as Del claims.
“I vaccinated mine, but I wasn’t aware of this issue. Although one of my neighbors, who is very intelligent and who I respect a lot, who did vaccinate their kids and one of them has autism. Uh, is a believer in this and she sent me, well a ton of your information before I started this story. And we don’t invalidate the way people like herJohn Rushing
Or any “other side” of John Rushing that agreed with Del Bigtree.
What does he agree to at the end of his talk with Del?
Del is explaining how he doesn’t think that parents are making a knee-jerk reaction when they blame vaccines for their “injured children.”
“Yeah, I agree.”John Rushing
What is he agreeing to?
Maybe he is agreeing that parents aren’t making a knee-jerk reaction, but more than anything, it sounds like he is just being polite.
He is certainly not agreeing with Del that there are no safety studies, that VAERS is a slopping system, or even that parents should blame themselves.
Not surprisingly, Del’s caught on tape claims were enough to satisfy his followers, who have already forgotten that he admitted to misleading them about VAERS reports. Hopefully, they soon realize that misinformation about vaccines is keeping them from vaccinating and protecting their kids.
More on Del Bigtree’s Caught on Tape Claim
- That Time Del Bigtree Admitted He Manipulates Folks and Their Fears of Vaccines
- How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Hurts Autistic Families
- The Very Worst of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Del Bigtree on the Government’s Plan to Force Inject Stuff into Your Body
- Did the US Government Lose a Landmark Vaccine Lawsuit?
- Did the FDA Admit That the Government Is Recommending Untested, Unlicensed Vaccines for Pregnant Women?
- Del Bigtree vs Stanley Plotkin
- The Moral Outrage of the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Josh Rushing pwns antivaxer Del Bigtree
- The Viral Threat: Measles and Misinformation
- Vaxxed producer Del Bigtree – not credible on vaccines
- New York anti-vaccine event attracts pro-vaccine protests amid measles outbreak
- I attended an Orthodox anti-vaccine rally. Here’s what I saw.
- Ultra-Orthodox Brooklyn Residents Protest Anti-Vax Symposium
- Deception by omission: Del Bigtree’s ICAN calls the studies licensing MMR into question
- Autistic children are like chimps and dogs, don’t you know?
- Del Bigtree crosses the line: tells Vaxxed audience “Now’s the time” for guns.
- Daily Beast reporter Jackie Kucinich falls prey to the perils of reporting on antivaxer Del Bigtree