Why do some people think that athletes and pilots are dying after getting a COVID vaccine?
The usual suspects…
Are Athletes and Pilots Dying After Getting the COVID Vaccine?
Of course, the idea that a lot of athletes and pilots are dying after getting vaccinated isn’t true.
While Robert Malone posted a nice looking graph, it is important to know that it is not from any kind of research study or peer-review published report. It is simply an anonymous blog registered in Iceland that collects news and media reports of athletes who have collapsed on the field or died.
Why is that important to know?
Because unlike cases in a research study or peer-review published report, you have no real idea of knowing what happened to the people in these media reports – unless someone corrects them.
So you are left with a list that is certainly not full of athletes who had a heart attack, had “serious issues,” or died after getting a COVID vaccine…
The other thing you will notice from this list of athletes, is that many of them are older, retired athletes.
Tragically, being an athlete, even if you are in good shape, doesn’t fully protect you (it does lower your risk!) from having a heart attack in your 50s and 60s, the age of many of the folks on the list.
And while it is a good idea to avoid known risk factors, little can protect you from develop some types of cancer, which are often genetic.
Still, the stories of sudden death in young athletes on these lists is concerning. Blaming those deaths on COVID vaccines is shameful though, as sudden cardiac death during strenuous exertion is typically caused by cardiomyopathy and coronary artery anomalies (CAAs) or other preexisting structural heart disease, which can not always be detected with routine screening.
“Of course, we’ve heard story after story. I mean, all these athletes dropping dead on the field, but we’re supposed to ignore that.”Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), Jan 27 interview on “The Charlie Kirk Show,”
Instead of blaming vaccines, we need to get do more to prevent these deaths through screening and making Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) more widely available.
It is also shameful because this kind of misinformation can scare people away from getting vaccinated and protected, putting them at risk for getting sick with COVID, a life-threatening infection, can cause myocarditis, heart attacks, and strokes.
More on the Myth of Athletes and Pilots Dying After Getting the COVID Vaccine
- About Those Urgent COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Warnings
- Why There is Still So Much COVID-19 Confusion
- Countering COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy
- Who Are the Real COVID-19 Experts?
- Choose to Stop Spreading Anti-Vaccine Propaganda
- Returning to Sports After Having COVID-19
- The Role of AEDs in Reducing Risks of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Fact check: No evidence vaccinated American Airlines pilots are dying during flights
- Posts falsely claim vaccinated American Airlines pilots died in flight
- Delta Denies Rumor of Pilot Who Died From COVID Vaccine Mid-Flight
- COVID Vaccines and Cardiac Effects – Reality vs Lies
- How antivaxxers weaponized an abstract by a Goop doctor against COVID-19 vaccines
- Myocarditis and COVID-19 mRNA vaccines
- Fear of Myocarditis No Reason to Skip COVID Vaccine
- Athletes are not collapsing after getting any of the COVID vaccines
- Can COVID-19 or COVID-19 Vaccines Cause Heart Damage?
- Fact Check-No evidence COVID-19 vaccines are linked to athletes collapsing or dying from myocarditis
- Article Makes Unfounded Claims Linking Athletes’ Injuries, Deaths to Vaccines
- A False Start For Sudden Cardiac Death In Athletes And COVID-19 Vaccines
- Reports of Sudden Deaths Among Athletes After COVID-19 Vax Are ‘Misinformation’
- Fact checking a strange new Covid conspiracy theory: Athletes dying from vaccines
- John Stockton’s claim that ‘hundreds’ of athletes are abruptly dying from COVID-19 vaccines is bogus
- No, athletes are not dying from Covid-19 vaccines.
- Fact-check: Are athletes dying from the COVID-19 vaccine on the playing field?
- How the falsehood of athletes dying of coronavirus vaccines spread
- Fact Check-Danish footballer Christian Eriksen has not received a COVID-19 vaccine, according to Inter Milan’s director
- Oilers’ Archibald’s risk of myocarditis would have been ‘10,000-fold’ lower from COVID-19 vaccine: cardiologist
- Oilers’ Josh Archibald out indefinitely with myocarditis after having COVID-19
- Unvaccinated 16-Year-Old Football Player Dies After School Ends Mask Mandate, Citing Declining Cases