Why do some people think that COVID is just a flu-like risk to unvaccinated children.
Unfortunately, this time it is not just the usual suspects…
COVID Is More Than a Flu-Like Risk to Unvaccinated Children
They are minimizing the dangers of getting COVID in their “urgency of normal” toolkit because they want to keep schools open at any costs.
And for some reason, they are doing that by inflating the number of pediatric flu deaths!
For example, while it looks like well over 1,000 kids died with flu during the 2012-13 flu season in the urgency of normal chart, there were actually 171 pediatric flu deaths that season. While still a lot, that dwarfs the number of pediatric COVID deaths we have been seeing…
What about the 2019-20 flu season? Were there 500 pediatric flu deaths?
While also a very bad flu season, we had 199 pediatric flu deaths.
Even during the very worst flu season in recent history, the 2009-10 swine flu pandemic, the number of pediatric flu deaths didn’t reach the number of pediatric COVID deaths we have been seeing. There were 288 pediatric flu deaths that year…
And COVID deaths in kids?
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have averaged about 500 deaths in children a year!
Which, when compared to the average of about 118 flu deaths in children each year, a number that used to be very concerning to most folks, makes it easy to see that COVID is much more than a “flu-like risk” to unvaccinated children.
Why the discrepancy? They are using estimates of pediatric flu deaths, instead of what’s actually reported. While that’s fine, they should do the same for pediatric COVID deaths.
“In this study, we found that direct COVID-19 death counts in the US in 2020 substantially underestimated total excess mortality attributable to COVID-19.”COVID-19 and excess mortality in the United States: A county-level analysis
Plenty of experts believe that COVID deaths are being undercounted…
And of course, let’s not forget that this is not just about deaths – there are also all of the pediatric COVID hospitalizations, ICU admissions, and visits to health care providers, etc.
“Reported child COVID-19 cases among children have spiked dramatically across the United States during the Omicron variant surge. Child cases continued to rise the past week, now over 1.1 million cases were reported, nearly five times the rate of the peak of last winters’ surge. For the week ending January 20th, nearly 1,151,000 child COVID-19 cases were reported.”Children and COVID-19: State-Level Data Report
What about the other stuff in their toolkit?
It is easy to see that they were just as careful doing their research on pediatric flu deaths as they were on everything else.
It’s all pure propaganda…
More on COVID Risks to Children
- Tyler Black, MD thread on urgency of normal toolkit
- Lucky Tran, MD thread on urgency of normal toolkit
- Oni Blackstock, MD, MPH thread on urgency of normal toolkit
- Are Kids Dying With COVID-19?
- Going Back to School During the Omicron Surge
- What to Know About the Omicron Variant
- Are Your COVID Vaccines Up To Date?
- What is the COVID-19 Multi-System Inflammatory State?
- 7 Things You Need to Know About COVID-19
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- Get All of Your COVID-19 Questions Answered
- AAP – Children and COVID-19: State-Level Data Report
- Study – COVID-19 and excess mortality in the United States: A county-level analysis
- True number of Covid deaths in the US probably undercounted, experts say
- Dr. Vinay Prasad goes full Godwin over COVID-19 public health measures
- Steve Kirsch reveals “secret plan to end the vaccine madness”
- Contrarian Doctors: The Pandemic is Over, Again
- COVID-19 is Deadlier Than the Flu for Children
- An Open Letter to ZDoggMD
- The Great Barrington Declaration strikes back
- Are COVID-19 Hospitalizations for Children Inflated?
- The Great Barrington Declaration Was Silenced. So Why are They Silencing Me?
- More than 140,000 U.S. children lost a primary or secondary caregiver due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- These Doctors Wanted to Get Schools Back to Normal. Their Botched Effort May Backfire.