Why do some people think that Christian Eriksen, the Denmark midfielder who had a cardiac arrest while playing soccer during a match against Finland, had recently received a COVID vaccine?
The usual suspects…
Christian Eriksen’s Cardiac Arrest Was Not Caused by a COVID Vaccine
But why would anyone think that a COVID vaccine could cause a cardiac arrest?
Well, there are the recent reports of a possible association between COVID vaccines and myocarditis, especially in younger men.
The link is not definitive though and even more importantly, the great majority of those who had myocarditis had mild symptoms and had a full recovery.
And there are no reports that any of them had a cardiac arrest.
“Fabrice Muamba is not the first to fall so dramatically unwell during a match – since the 19th century more than 80 footballers are known to have died suddenly while playing, all young men, all otherwise apparently fit and healthy. There is no secret why these sportsmen die or collapse: it is called hocum.”Footballers like Fabrice Muamba collapse due to high level of fitness
And while it was certainly reasonable to ask about his vaccine status or whether he had recently had COVID, as a natural infection can also be associated with heart problems, reporting, posting, and tweeting about your theories without any evidence is irresponsible.
“It is highly unlikely that any screening program will be effective at appropriately identifying all athletes at risk of SCD; therefore, increased access to automated external defibrillators as well as training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation at a community level are important means of reducing SCD in athletes.”Sudden Cardiac Death in Athletes
It is especially irresponsible when we already know that these types of episodes, often with more tragic results, occur in athletes, and have been occurring long before we knew anything about COVID and COVID vaccines!
More on COVID Vaccines
- It’s Not Just the Disinformation Dozen
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Alternative COVID Vaccine Facts
- Denmark’s Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field. He is responsive and awake.
- Denmark’s team doctor on Christian Eriksen: ‘He was gone.’
- Eriksen had cardiac arrest but test results are normal, Danish team doctor says
- CDC – Myocarditis and Pericarditis Following mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Athletes
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Famous Athletes, Lessons Learned, Heterogeneity in Expert Recommendations and Pitfalls of Contemporary Screening Strategies
- 78 minutes in the life (and near death) of Fabrice Muamba
- Oxford researchers spot tell-tale signs of potentially fatal cardiac condition
- Footballers like Fabrice Muamba collapse due to high level of fitness
- Omar Carter Foundation