Breaking News – Another child in Connecticut has measles. (see below)
We had a record low number of measles cases in the United States last year.
2021 Measles Outbreaks
What can we expect in 2021, as measles epidemics are once again being reported around the world and travel restrictions have loosened?
“The Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) today said it has confirmed a case of measles in a Fairfield County child. The child, who was not yet vaccinated against measles, acquired the infection while traveling internationally.”DPH Confirms Case of Measles in CT Child
- another child, a household contact of the child in Connecticut has measles
Unfortunately, I think we can expect more measles…
Less travel because of the COVID-19 pandemic has kept measles cases low in the United States, but unless folks get vaccinated and protected, they will rise as travel restrictions ease.
Are you vaccinated and protected with two doses of MMR?
More on the 2021 Measles Outbreaks:
- How Contagious Is Measles?
- Why Are You Still Worried About the MMR Vaccine?
- What to Do If Your Child Is Exposed to Measles
- Can MMR Shedding Start a Measles Outbreak?
- A History of Measles Outbreaks in the United States
- When Was the Last Measles Death in the United States?
- Costs of a Measles Outbreak
- CDC – Measles Cases and Outbreaks
- Measles – Timeline | History of Vaccine
- Ask the Experts about MMR
- ‘Nigeria: 1,158 displaced children infected by measles’