Have you heard about that new poll that found that 1 in 3 parents weren’t planning on getting their kids a flu shot this year?
So that means that 2 in 3 parents are vaccinating and protecting their kids!
About Those 1 in 3 Parents Not Planning On Getting Their Kids Flu Shots…
But what about those other 1 in 3 parents?
Unfortunately, that’s the number of parents each and every year who don’t get their kids a flu shot.
And that’s tragic, since we know that the great majority of kids who die with the flu are unvaccinated.
What’s also tragic?
“Only 44% of parents say their child’s regular health care provider strongly recommends that their child get flu vaccine this year, and 23% say the provider recommends it; one-third of parents do not recall a provider recommending their child get flu vaccine this year. Among parents who report their child’s provider strongly recommends flu vaccine this year, 92% intend for their child to be vaccinated, compared to 62% of those whose provider recommends and 40% who do not recall a provider recommendation to get flu vaccine this year.”Mott Poll Report – Flu vaccine for children in the time of COVID
More of these kids would likely get vaccinated and protected if their health care provider would simply step up with a strong recommendation for a yearly flu vaccine.
I strongly recommend that everyone who doesn’t have a contraindication get a flu vaccine each year.
More on Flu Shots for Kids
- Twindemic – Hype or Hazard
- Hosting a Flu Clinic During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Become a Vaccine Advocate
- Strategies for Increasing Childhood Vaccination Rates
- When Should I Get My Flu Shot?
- I’m Not Anti-Vaccine, I Just Don’t Believe in Flu Shots
- What Are the Side Effects of the Flu Vaccine?
- What Are the Benefits of the Flu Shot?
- What Makes the Flu So Deadly?
- Does the FluMist Vaccine Shed?
- Does Getting a Flu Vaccine Increase Your Risk of Spreading the Flu or Getting Others Sick?
- Can Flu Shots Cause the Flu?
- Do They Really Just Guess at Which Strain to Put in the Flu Vaccine?
- Can You Really Get a Flu Shot If You Are Allergic to Eggs?
- CDC – Estimates of Flu Vaccination Coverage among Children — United States, 2017–18 Flu Season
- Mott Poll Report – Flu vaccine for children in the time of COVID
- IAC – Ask the Experts about Flu Vaccines
- How to Motivate Patients to Immunize
- Providers Are Most Persuasive On Vaccinations When Speaking with Confidence and Conviction