Who is Rita Palma?
Rita Palma is a parent in New York who had her request for a religious vaccine exemption turned down by Bayport-Bluepoint School District in New York in 2008.
“About two years ago I hit a wall with it,” she said. “I said I was going to listen to my inner voice. The whole vaccination process is based on fear of getting diseases but I would rather put my faith in God to heal diseases.”Rita Palma on More Families Are Shunning Inoculations
Since then, she has been selling a step-by-step guide and instructions that teach parents how to “craft a unique and honest letter that is religiously based so it fits perfectly with the law.”
A unique and honest letter to do what?
Get a religious vaccine exemption because they “hold genuine and sincere religious beliefs which are contrary” to getting vaccinated and protected.
“After reading the book, if you need to retain my services for letter-writing purposes, please contact me for fees.”
She also has vaccine exemption workshops, in which she can apparently teach you what your genuine and sincere religious beliefs are and why you need an exemption based on those genuine and sincere religious beliefs, even though extremely few religions are actually against vaccines.
But didn’t they just pass a law in New York ending religious exemptions for vaccines?
I imagine that’s going to cut into her business of teaching folks to abuse religious exemptions…
As the media gives these folks attention, they should make sure they give the full story.
More on Rita Palma
- Who Is Larry Palevsky?
- A Legislative Guide to Advocating for Stronger Vaccine Laws
- How to Claim a Vaccine Exemption
- False Balance About Vaccines at the Chicago Tribune
- Preparing for a Public Debate About Vaccines
- False Balance about Vaccines
- The Catholic Church and Vaccines
- What Is Vaccine Choice?
- More Families Are Shunning Inoculations
- Eliminate Vaccine Exemptions
- Religious exemptions for vaccination – abuse and reform
- The problem of nonmedical exemptions to school vaccine mandates
- Court upholds policy denying religious exemption to vaccines
- Do parents misuse religious exemptions to excuse kids from vaccines?
- When healing turns into killing: religious and philosophical exemptions from parental accountability
- Religious Exemptions to Vaccine Mandates and the Law
- Non-Medical Vaccine Exemptions: Balancing Parental Rights and Public Health
- Antivaccine cardiologist Jack Wolfson and the resurrection of false balance about vaccines
- Antivaccine cardiologist Jack Wolfson and the resurrection of false balance about vaccines…again!
- Another Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics who should know better
- Larry Palevsky
2 thoughts on “Who is Rita Palma?”
Got to ask youraelf why so many of these people who shout “shill” have direct financial intersts in their anti-vaccine activism.
Excellent point doritmi. They’re capitalizing on FUD.
And, uh, cute kids? What does that have to do with anything? *sigh*
BTW, did you know Candy Land was invented by a teacher who was an inpatient on a Polio ward with a bunch of kids? Maybe we should send the game to all the AVers who want to make Polio Great Again.