Do you want to make an informed vaccination decision?
Are you looking for more information about the ingredients in the vaccines your kids are about to get?
Have you tried one of those vaccine ingredient calculators?
Should You Use a Vaccine Ingredient Calculator?
As you do your research and look at the risks and benefits of your vaccine decision, you should know that those vaccine ingredient calculators that claim to help reduce toxins aren’t really helping you make an informed decision.
They are a propaganda tool that simply works to increase fear about vaccines by making you think that you need to do a vaccine lot search, compare vaccine brands, or work to reduce exposures to specific ingredients.
Why would you need to do a lot search? There are no hot lots of vaccines that you need to avoid.
Why would you need to compare vaccines based on their brands? Vaccines are safe. Vaccine ingredients are safe. Although the ingredients might vary a bit based on the brand of vaccine, that isn’t going to impact how well a vaccine works or it’s side effects.
And the sites with these types of calculators never mention the risks of skipping or delaying vaccines.
Which Vaccines Contain More Than the FDA Approved Amount of Aluminum?
But what about aluminum?
Depending on the brand, don’t some vaccines do contain more aluminum than others?
“The alternative suggests only one aluminum-containing vaccine at a time in the infant years (the right brands must be chosen). By spreading out the shots, you spread out the exposure so infants can process the aluminum without it reaching toxic levels.”
Bob Sears in The Vaccine Book
The FDA states that “the amount of aluminum in the recommended individual dose of a biological product shall not exceed” 0.85 to 1.25 milligrams.
Not surprisingly, no vaccine exceeds that approved amount of aluminum, no matter what brand you choose.
Why do anti-vaccine folks scare parents into thinking that their kids are getting exposed to potentially toxic levels of aluminum from vaccines?
“WARNING: This product contains aluminum that may be toxic. Aluminum may reach toxic levels with prolonged parenteral administration if kidney function is impaired. Premature neonates are particularly at risk because their kidneys are immature, and they require large amounts of calcium and phosphate solutions, which contain aluminum.
Research indicates that patients with impaired kidney function, including premature neonates, who receive parenteral levels of aluminum at greater than 4 to 5 [micro]g/kg/day accumulate aluminum at levels associated with central nervous system and bone toxicity. Tissue loading may occur at even lower rates of administration.”
FDA on Aluminum in large and small volume parenterals used in total parenteral nutrition.
The FDA and AAP and others began investigating and then warning folks about aluminum in 1986. They weren’t worried about aluminum in vaccines though. They were concerned that newborns and younger premature infants might be getting too much aluminum if they were getting a lot of IV products with aluminum, especially if they weren’t able to eat on their own and were dependent on total parental nutrition for long periods of time.
So these were high risk infants who were potentially getting high doses of aluminum each and every day for weeks or months at a time. And somehow anti-vaccine folks equated this with other infants who were getting vaccines every few months, at least they did once they started to move away from worrying about thimerosal.
What to Know About Using a Vaccines Ingredient Calculator
Vaccine ingredient calculators are a propaganda tool that anti-vaccine folks use to scare parents away from vaccinating and protecting their kids.
More on Using a Vaccines Ingredient Calculator
- CDC – Instant Childhood Immunization Schedule
- FDA – CFR – Code of Federal Regulations Title 21
- FDA – Aluminum in large and small volume parenterals used in total parenteral nutrition.
- Aluminum in Large and Small Volume Parenterals Used in Total Parenteral Nutrition; Delay of Effective Date
- AAP – Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Children (1996)
- AAP – Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Children (1986)
- The NVIC Vaccine Ingredient Calculator: A disingenuous deceptive instrument of vaccine fear mongering
- So, the National Vaccine Information Center has a Twitter bot?
- Vaccine Ingredients – Aluminum
- Is the aluminium in vaccines a dangerous amount? Is it toxic?
- Aluminum in Vaccines: A Re[Al]ity Check
- Do Vaccine Ingredients Cause Adverse Events?
- Ask the Experts about Vaccine Safety
- Comment on “Do aluminum vaccine adjuvants contribute to the rising prevalence of autism?”
- Aluminum toxicity in vaccines – here we go again with bad science
- Demystifying Vaccine Ingredients – Aluminum
- Is the Aluminum in Vaccines Safe?