Haven’t heard of Meryl Dorey?
She is the Rosemary Fox of Australia.
She is the Barbara Loe Fisher of the UK.
Just as Fox formed the Association of Parents of Vaccine Damaged Children and Fisher formed Dissatisfied Parents Together (which later became the NVIC), Meryl Dorey formed the Australian Vaccination Network.
Who is Meryl Dorey?
Meryl Dorey takes it to a whole other level though.
“Court orders rape of a child. Think this is an exaggeration? Think again. This is assault without consent and with full penetration too.”
Why was she talking about rape?
A court had sided with a father who wanted his daughter vaccinated, even though his ex-wife, with whom he shared custody, didn’t.
Does that sound anything like rape to you?
Australian Vaccination-skeptics Network
The Australian Vaccination Network was formed in 1994.
The AVN was later ordered to change its name because it was too misleading and they chose the Australian Vaccination-skeptics Network.
“Fair Trading acted in this matter after receiving numerous complaints, including from the Australian Medical Association, that the AVN name was misleading given its overwhelming focus on the publication of anti-vaccination messages and information.”
Minister for Fair Trading Agency Anthony Roberts
Of course, they haven’t stopped pushing anti-vaccination misinformation.
And if you didn’t think someone could go lower than the rape analogy, Meryl Dorey has actually harassed a family whose 4-week-old baby died of whooping cough!
What else has she done?
- when discussing a campaign slogan to help associate vaccines with shaken baby syndrome, Meryl Dorey suggested using “Shaken Maybe Syndrome” as a great sound bite
- also suggested using the catch phrase “Shaken from the inside” to help highlight what she thinks is the “devastating internal adverse reactions from vaccines” and what are causing shaken baby syndrome
- Meryl Dorey said that getting measles is the equivalent of getting a hang nail, although “hang nails can be a bit more painful!”
After an investigation in 2014, Meryl Dorey and her group also received a warning from the New South Wales Health Care Complaints Commission.
“The Commission has established that AVN does not provide reliable information in relation to certain vaccines and vaccination more generally. The Commission considers that AVN’s dissemination of misleading, misrepresented and incorrect information about vaccination engenders fear and alarm and is likely to detrimentally affect the clinical management or care of its readers.
Given the issues identified with the information disseminated by AVN, the Commission urges general caution is exercised when using AVN’s website or Facebook page to research vaccination and to consult other reliable sources, including speaking to a medical practitioner, to make an informed decision.
The Commission has recommended that AVN amend its published information with regard to the above issues and the Commission will monitor the implementation of these recommendations.”
NSW Health Care Complains Commission on the AVN
What To Know About Meryl Dorey
Like most folks in the anti-vaccine movement, Meryl Dorey and her AVN group push “misleading, misrepresented and incorrect information about vaccination” that helps scare parents away from the vaccines that could help protect them from vaccine-preventable diseases.
More on Meryl Dorey
- New South Wales Government Warning about the Australian Vaccination-skeptics Network, Inc. (‘AVN’), formerly known as Australian Vaccination Network Inc.
- Vaccination as “rape”: Meryl Dorey and the Australian Vaccination Network
- Judy Wilyman and Meryl Dorey: as low as it goes
- Meryl Dorey’s Trouble With The Truth: How Meryl Dorey Lies, Obfuscates, Prevaricates, Exaggerates, Confabulates and Confuses in promoting her Anti-Vaccination Agenda.
- Meryl Dorey’s Trouble With The Truth: How Meryl Dorey Engages In Bizarre Conspiracy Theories, Paranoid Delusions, Wild Hyperbole, Incompetence, Bias, Ignorance, Fear Mongering, Hypocrisy, And Yet More Lies In Promoting Her Anti-Vaccination Agenda
- Meryl Dorey’s Trouble With The Truth: Lies and Fraud
- Vaccination group investigation
- Australian vaccination network (AVN) no longer a licensed charity
- Meryl Dorey’s Great “Vaccine Testing” Swindle
- How Meryl Dorey stole $12,000 from AVN members and/or donors
- Anti-vax group defends comparing immunisation to rape
- Australian Vaccination-skeptics Network
- Altitude Media and American Airlines Allow Meryl Dorey to Lie about Vaccines, Autism
- Lies and Deceit from Australia’s “Vaxxed” promoters
- The Rabid Truth and Meryl Dorey’s Failed Vaccine Myth
- Australian Vaccination Network
- More science denialism from Meryl Dorey
- With friends like these… Meryl Dorey’s exploitation of Saba Button
- “Getting The Point” – the antivaxxer response to 60 Minutes’ story on their danger to Australia
- Bad Times for Australian Anti-Vaxxers
- Meryl’s Marvellous Measles Mistake
- International anti-vaxxers banned from Australia
Last Updated on