Some can even help you understand why you are afraid of vaccines.
Worst Vaccine Books
Unfortunately, if you simply search Amazon for books about vaccines, you are going to be hit with a list of anti-vaccine books. These include books that push their own made-up, so-called alternative immunization schedules and use misinformation about vaccines to scare you away from vaccinating and protecting your kids.
“Robert Sears became interested in vaccines as a medical student after reading “DPT: A Shot in the Dark,” a 1985 book that argued that the whooping cough vaccine was dangerous… Sears said the book, which helped spark a backlash against vaccines, exposed him to ideas he wasn’t hearing in school.”
Paloma Esquivel on Vaccination controversy swirls around O.C.’s ‘Dr. Bob’
While it is obvious that some are anti-vaccine, with stories about wild conspiracy theories, and that they have no scientific basis for their recommendations, it is also easy to see how others can fool parents, not knowing that the books “rely on the same tired old fallacious arguments that have been heard before and rejected by knowledgeable scientists.”
“…the book is also dangerous in the way in which it validates the pervasive myths that are currently scaring parents into making ill-informed decisions for their children.”
John Snyder on Cashing In On Fear: The Danger of Dr. Sears
These books, which are often described as anti-vaccine, include:
The Vaccine-Friendly Plan: Dr. Paul’s Safe and Effective Approach to Immunity and Health-from Pregnancy Through Your Child’s Teen Years by Paul Thomas
- The Big Autism Cover-Up: How and Why the Media Is Lying to the American Public by Anne Dachel
- The Business of Baby: What Doctors Don’t Tell You, What Corporations Try to Sell You, and How to Put Your Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Before Their Bottom Line by Jennifer Margulis
- Callous Disregard: Autism and Vaccines–The Truth Behind a Tragedy by Andrew Wakefield and Jenny McCarthy
- Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and The Forgotten History by Suzanne Humphries MD
- Don’t Vaccinate Before You Educate by Mayer Eisenstein
- DPT: A Shot in the Dark by Harris L. Coulter and Barbara Loe Fisher
- Dr. Mary’s Monkey: How the Unsolved Murder of a Doctor, a Secret Laboratory in New Orleans and Cancer Causing Monkey Viruses are Linked to Lee Harvey Oswald, the JFK Assassination and Emerging Global Epidemics by Edward T. Haslam
- Emerging Viruses: AIDS and Ebola: Nature, Accident or Intentional? by Leonard Horowitz
- Evidence of Harm by David Kirby
- Fowl! Bird Flu: It’s Not What You Think, by Sherri Tenpenny, D.O.
- Germs, Biological Warfare, Vaccinations: What you Need to Know by Gary Null
- Healing and Preventing Autism: A Complete Guide by Jenny McCarthy and Dr. Jerry Kartzinel
- Healing Our Autistic Children: A Medical Plan for Restoring Your Child’s Health Paperback by Julie A. Buckley
- Horrors of Vaccination Exposed and Illustrated by Chas. M. Higgins, M.D.
- How to Prevent Autism: Expert Advice from Medical Professionals by Dara Berger
- Jabbed: How the Vaccine Industry, Medical Establishment and Government Stick It to You and Your Family by Brett Wilcox and Kent Heckenlively J.D.
- Lethal Injections Why Immunizations Don’t Work and the Damage they Cause, by William Douglass, M.D
- Louder Than Words: A Mother’s Journey in Healing Autism by Jenny McCarthy
- Miller’s Review of Critical Vaccine Studies: 400 Important Scientific Papers Summarized for Parents and Researchers by Neil Z. Miller
- Melanie’s Marvelous Measles by Stephanie Messenger
- Mother Warriors: A Nation of Parents Healing Autism Against All Odds by Jenny McCarthy
- Queer Blood: The Secret AIDS Genocide Pit, by Alan Cantwell, M.D.
- Raising a Vaccine Free Child, by Wendy Lydall
- The Sanctity of Human Blood: Vaccination is Not Immunization, by Tim O’Shea, D.C.
- Saying No to Vaccines: A Resource Guide For All Ages, by Sherri Tenpenny, D.O.
- Shaken Baby Syndrome Diagnosis on Shaky Ground, by Viera Scheibner, Ph.D.
- Some Call it AIDS: I Call it Murder, The Connection Between Cancer, AIDS, Immunizations, and Genocide, by Eva Snead M.D.
- Thimerosal: Let the Science Speak: The Evidence Supporting the Immediate Removal of Mercury–a Known Neurotoxin–from Vaccines by Jr. Robert F. Kennedy and Mark Hyman M.D.
- Vaccination: 100 Years of Orthodox Research Shows Vaccinations are a Medical Assault on the Immune System by Viera Scheibner, Ph.D.
- Vaccine A: The Covert Government Experiment That’s Killing Our Soldiers – And Why GIs Are Only the First Victims by Gary Matsumoto, Ph.D.
- The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child (Sears Parenting Library) by Robert Sears, MD
- Vaccine Epidemic: How Corporate Greed, Biased Science, and Coercive Government Threaten Our Human Rights, Our Health, and Our Children by Louise Kuo Habakus and Mary Holland
- The Vaccine-Friendly Plan: Dr. Paul’s Safe and Effective Approach to Immunity and Health-from Pregnancy Through Your Child’s Teen Years by Paul Thomas M.D. and Jennifer Margulis
- Vaccine Illusion by Tetyana Obukhanych
- Vaccine Safety Manual for Concerned Families and Health Practitioners by Neil Z. Miller
- Vaccine Whistleblower: Exposing Autism Research Fraud at the CDC by Esq. Kevin Barry and Dr. Boyd E. Haley
- Vaccines 2.0: The Careful Parent’s Guide to Making Safe Vaccination Choices for Your Family by Mark Blaxill and Dan Olmsted
- Vaccines: A Reappraisal by Richard Moskowitz MD and Mary Holland
- Vaccines Are They Really Safe and Effective? by Neil Z. Miller
- Vaccines: An Ounce of Prevention? Or a Pound of Death? by Keidi Obi Awadu
- Vaccines Are Dangerous: A Warning to the Black Community by Yoshua Barak
- Vaccines: The Risks, the Benefits, the Choices, a Resource Guide for Parents by Sherri Tenpenny, D.O.
- The Virus and the Vaccine: Contaminated Vaccine, Deadly Cancers, and Government Neglect by Debbie Bookchin and Jim Schumacher
- What The Pharmaceutical Companies Don’t Want You To Know About Vaccines by Todd Elsner, D.C.
- When Your Doctor Is Wrong, Hepatitis B Vaccine and Autism by Judy Converse, M.P.H., R.D
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children’s Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave, M.D.
- Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent’s Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives by Aviva Jill Romm
Most parents will likely have few illusions of what these books are really about, even after simply reading the titles or seeing the names of the authors. For the rest, just read some of the reviews below.
And if you are looking for books to help you make the right decision about vaccinating your kids, try these other vaccine books instead.
What To Know About the Worst Vaccine Books
These vaccine books, many of which are featured on Amazon, mostly rely on the same arguments that vaccines are full of toxins that will poison your kids, that vaccines don’t even work, and that vaccines aren’t even necessary. They are just what you need if you are looking for help to justify your decision to not vaccinate your kids.
More Information on the Worst Vaccine Books:
- From Anti-Vax to Pro-Vax: One Mom’s Journey
- Vaccination, Confirmation Bias, and Knowing Your Audience
- Vaccine injuries and confirmation biases
- Essential reading: A comprehensive takedown of Dr. Sears’ The Vaccine Book
- Anti-vaccine book draws ire from pro-vaccine readers
- Cashing In On Fear: The Danger of Dr. Sears
- Another Anti-Vaccine Book
- Ethics and the promotion of another anti-vaccine book
- Now I’ve seen it all: An anti-vaccine children’s book
- Kevin Barry, you magnificent bastard, I read your antivaccine book!
- Robert Kennedy’s Dangerous Anti-Vaccine Activism
- Why Does This Immunologist Reject Vaccinations?
- Kristin Cavallari: ‘I’ve Read Too Many Books’ To Vaccinate My Child
- Anti-vaccination children’s book attracts sarcastic, angry Amazon reviews
- Neil Z. Miller & Gary S. Goldman
- Tim O’Shea
- Why Dr Suzanne Humphries, an anti-vaccine activist, is lying to you about measles
- Research, you’re doing it wrong: A look at Tenpenny’s “Vaccine Research Library”
- Here’s why I want to debate you, Jennifer Margulis
- The Business of Baby and the Monkey Business of Margulis
- Jennifer Margulis tries to manipulate Amazon reviews of her book
Last Updated on