Heather Whitestone is well known for being the first deaf Miss America, winning the Miss America pageant in 1994.
What is little known about Heather Whitestone, now Heather Leigh Whitestone McCallum, is that her mother once blamed the DTP vaccine as having caused her deafness.
Not surprisingly, the true story, that her deafness wasn’t caused by a vaccine injury, didn’t get nearly as much media coverage.
More on Heather Whitestone
- Diagnosing Vaccine Injuries
- What Is Vaccine Injury Denial?
- Revising Miss America’s Story
- Doctors: Vaccine Didn’t Cost Miss America Her Hearing
- Safety of Vaccinations – Miss America, the Media, and Public Health
- Why Most Vaccine Injury Stories Aren’t True
Last Updated on