Why are Ted Cruz and some other US Congressman JAQing off about COVID vaccines for kids?
While it seems like they are ‘just asking questions,’ it is clear that they have an agenda to try and scare parents away from getting their kids vaccinated and protected.
Ted Cruz is JAQing Off About COVID Vaccines for Kids
If Ted Cruz and these other members of Congress were really concerned about our kids, they could easily have gotten the answers to their questions themselves.
Instead, they published a letter to FDA Commissioner Robert M. Califf, M.D. and Members of VRBPAC, who are reviewing the application for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of COVID-19 vaccines for approved use in children ages five and under this week.
A letter that reads a lot like it was written by an anti-vaccine organization…
So what do they want to know?
Are they concerned about all of the kids, including babies and toddlers, who have died with COVID?
It doesn’t seem to be, as they push the idea that it is only high risk kids that are dying with COVID.
And that COVID vaccines are a risk to young kids…
We have already been shown safety data that has shown COVID vaccines are not a big risk for causing cardiac problems in school age children and younger teens.
And there is no reason to expect a higher risk in younger children, especially as they will be getting a lower dose of vaccine.
What about their questions about lowered efficacy?
That question was answered with the plan to authorize pediatric COVID vaccines, even if they didn’t reach a 50% efficacy threshold.
“If these vaccines seem to be mirroring efficacy in adults and just seem to be less effective against Omicron like they are for adults, we will probably still authorize.”Dr. Peter Marks, Director for the Center of Biologics Evaluation and Research at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
The problem is the variants!
While still effective, our current COVID vaccines, including those that will soon be authorized for younger kids, are likely less effective against variants.
Ted Cruz, et al, also asks about immunobridging, antibody-dependent enhancement phenomenon (ADE), and if getting vaccinated and protected would put kids at risk to get infected with future novel COVID variants.
He could have found evidence that immunobridging works by looking at the recent efficacy data from the COVID vaccine for 5-15 year olds…
And he could have easily found out that real experts have found no evidence that COVID vaccines are causing antibody-dependent enhancement.
Ted Cruz also asks about the benefits vs risks of the COVID vaccines for younger children. Except for the way he implies that they are actually causing all of the injuries listed in VAERS, a passive reporting system, this kind of benefit vs risk analysis is something that the FDA and CDC vaccine committees will actually do!
How many lives will the COVID vaccines save in younger kids?
Far fewer if these politicians accomplish what they set out to do and scare parents away from getting vaccinated and protected!
More on Questions About COVID Vaccines for Kids
- Are Kids Dying With COVID-19?
- What is the COVID-19 Multi-System Inflammatory State?
- The Truth About COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- Get All of Your COVID-19 Questions Answered
- COVID-19 Vaccination Questions and Answers
- Ted Cruz condemns Big Bird for advocating Covid vaccines for kids
- FDA – Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee June 14-15, 2022 Meeting Announcement
- ACIP Meeting Information
- AAP – Children and COVID-19: State-Level Data Report
- ACIP – Updates on safety of COVID-19 vaccines in children ages 5-11 years
- Following Briefing, Clyburn Vows to Hold FDA to Its Commitment to Review Coronavirus Vaccines for Young Children as Expeditiously as Science Allows
- MMWR – Effectiveness of COVID-19 Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 mRNA Vaccination in Preventing COVID-19–Associated Emergency Department and Urgent Care Encounters and Hospitalizations Among Nonimmunocompromised Children and Adolescents Aged 5–17 Years — VISION Network, 10 States, April 2021–January 2022
- Access Consortium: Alignment with ICMRA consensus on immunobridging for authorising new COVID-19 vaccines
- Antibody-dependent Enhancement (ADE) and Vaccines
- Is Dr. Hooman Noorchashm’s #ScreenB4Vaccine being used by RFK Jr. to spread fear of COVID-19 vaccines?
- The latest antivax lie from Peter McCullough, Mike Adams, and RFK Jr.: “COVID-19 vaccines are killing people!!!!”
- Geert Vanden Bossche is back and still blaming vaccines for COVID-19 variants
- Children, Underlying Conditions, and COVID-19
- More Pfizer Documents and More Misinterpretations